J B at super bowl (a violation?) | Syracusefan.com

J B at super bowl (a violation?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangedave

Starter
Local TV station (CH 6) just showed a photo of JB, Jimmy and Buddy sitting at the 50 yard line, ground level, at the Super Bowl. They were with Adam Weitsman - local scrap dealer and big time booster.
I wouldn't see a problem with JB being there but could NCAA, in their infinite wisdom, see it as a violation and impermissible benefit for Buddy to accept this gift ?
I'd like to think that JB would have cleared it in advance.

Local TV station (CH 6) just showed a photo of JB, Jimmy and Buddy sitting at the 50 yard line, ground level, at the Super Bowl. They were with Adam Weitsman - local scrap dealer and big time booster.
I wouldn't see a problem with JB being there but could NCAA, in their infinite wisdom, see it as a violation and impermissible benefit for Buddy to accept this gift ?

Jb paid

Pre-existing relationships are okay with the NCAA.

Heard ncaa is investigating buddy’s christmas gifts this year. He got more than big bro. Lots of favortism going around. Heard jb is also suspected of paying a university of rochester player. Could lead to double secret probation.

Yes, it is a violation. Should have been with team or out recruiting. Just kidding......

Not to mention tampering with a player from another college. (Rolls eyes)

Probably not a violation but this Weitsman guy hanging around the program does kinda scare me. I don't personally know him, but I do know that he's a flashy, slightly eccentric guy who loves throwing money around. I don't necessarily think he would do anything intentionally shady to skirt the rules, but with our history, hopefully someone at SU is keeping tabs on him.

Probably not a violation but this Weitsman guy hanging around the program does kinda scare me. I don't personally know him, but I do know that he's a flashy, slightly eccentric guy who loves throwing money around. I don't necessarily think he would do anything intentionally shady to skirt the rules, but with our history, hopefully someone at SU is keeping tabs on him.

he gave 175k to the boys and girls clubs of cny after the duke win he seems like a good guy to me

JB can do anything he wants with his sons. When we had restrictions with coaches on the road recruiting, JB could go to all of Buddy’s AAU games. It was basically “free” recruiting trips.

World Wide Wes is at every Kentucky game, and there are plenty of these types around other programs. It's the nature of the beast quite frankly.

Jb paid

for who? just the kids? just buddy? just the boeheims?

did they have to break down the private jet costs and divide it?

JB can do anything he wants with his sons. When we had restrictions with coaches on the road recruiting, JB could go to all of Buddy’s AAU games. It was basically “free” recruiting trips.

unfortunately didnt really work out...

World Wide Wes is at every Kentucky game, and there are plenty of these types around other programs. It's the nature of the beast quite frankly.

Right and the NCAA has proven that they do not care about that at all. But they do care about our players working scoreboards at youth leagues for peanuts.

Glad a board veteran actually finds something wrong with this. Boosters who are paying to have access to the program rub me the wrong way.

I hope JB paid for Buddy's expenses and not the booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.