J B at super bowl (a violation?) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

J B at super bowl (a violation?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not a violation but this Weitsman guy hanging around the program does kinda scare me. I don't personally know him, but I do know that he's a flashy, slightly eccentric guy who loves throwing money around. I don't necessarily think he would do anything intentionally shady to skirt the rules, but with our history, hopefully someone at SU is keeping tabs on him.

I agree. Bill Rapp seemed like a good guy too. This guy has a ton of dough and loves to show it off. Almost came out of nowhere when he bought & renovated a house to a ridiculous level, repaved an entire local road, bought the Krebs, donated to high profile charities, etc. Personally I thought it was to try and buy his way into the hearts of locals in my hometown. Right now things seem fine and his business is in a great spot but this feels like somebody the school should watch. Really hope I am wrong.

he gave 175k to the boys and girls clubs of cny after the duke win he seems like a good guy to me

He also committed bank fraud. I think people have good reason to at least have a little worry, in this case.

Hopefully, by next year, he’ll be ready to take Carey too.

I agree. Bill Rapp seemed like a good guy too. This guy has a ton of dough and loves to show it off. Almost came out of nowhere when he bought & renovated a house to a ridiculous level, repaved an entire local road, bought the Krebs, donated to high profile charities, etc. Personally I thought it was to try and buy his way into the hearts of locals in my hometown. Right now things seem fine and his business is in a great spot but this feels like somebody the school should watch. Really hope I am wrong.

The guy has been around for 10-15 years trying to rebuild his reputation. People will always be skeptical, but he's done a lot for the area. Moreso than say Billy Fuccillo or any other wealthy person in CNY.

These are my thoughts too. That’s the first thing I said to everyone at our party last night - is this a violation? And something about Weitsman rubs me the wrong way. I know he has a history, but his flashy lifestyle and throwing money around makes me question if there’s more going on behind the scenes. I know there’s good money in the scrapping business, but he throws money around as if he’s running a Silicon Valley tech company. Doesn’t add up for me. Maybe I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.