J Grant | Syracusefan.com

J Grant

I think there is no doubt he will work his way into a rotational player in the NBA. It may take a while but he's going to get the chances he needs with his lineage and he certainly has the raw athletic skills and frame to make it. He also obviously was not near ready and likely wouldn't be getting minutes if he wasn't in Philly . . . . . or possibly NY. (what a mess those rosters are) Being in Philly is probably the best thing that could have happened for him after declaring for the draft.

Glad to hear he is working hard and I will not be at all surprised to see him starting somewhere 4/5 years from now.

In terms of playing time and having the ability to grow, I'm so happy our guys ended up in Philly.

Its a basketball town that can be harsh. But even the most hardened fans don't have any expectations for this team. They understand what is happening and are allowing the team (and their young players) to grow.

Most startling thing in that article... [Grant] he is already the team's second best three point shooter... Wait! What?

Noticed that he was shooting and making 3's in the box scores. Check it out - after missing his first 9 he made 12 of his next 28 - 42.9% - before missing his only attempt yesterday. Can't help but wonder how his game and draft position might have advanced with another year in school and a chance to become the number 1 option on a Top 10 team.

Noticed that he was shooting and making 3's in the box scores. Check it out - after missing his first 9 he made 12 of his next 28 - 42.9% - before missing his only attempt yesterday. Can't help but wonder how his game and draft position might have advanced with another year in school and a chance to become the number 1 option on a Top 10 team.

Probably not as well as it has advanced with more time to work on his game.

How do you know he would have developed as quickly at Syracuse?

Grant could well be an example of what some people refuse to consider here -- a mature young adult who is able to fully focus on his body and basketball 24/7, with better coaches and trainers, may actually be able to develop their game and body in an NBA environment.

The key is bolded though.

Grant could well be an example of what some people refuse to consider here -- a mature young adult who is able to fully focus on his body and basketball 24/7, with better coaches and trainers, may actually be able to develop much more in an NBA environment.

Impossible! Everyone should go back to school! Everyone I tell you, its for the best.

Grant could well be an example of what some people refuse to consider here -- a mature young adult who is able to fully focus on his body and basketball 24/7, with better coaches and trainers, may actually be able to develop their game and body in an NBA environment.

I DON'T know, but I can't help but wonder. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom