Jabari Parker to NBA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jabari Parker to NBA

Well…

He was recruited with the expectation that he'd only be at Duke for one year.

He's got some objectively elite basketball skills.

He's, what, like 99.9% certain to be a top-three draft pick?

It sounds like you're comparing Duke's fanbase to another group, but there are some important distinctions to be made between Parker's situation and those of certain other early entrants.

Yes, but there is one similarity -- Parker, Ennis and Grant are all doing what they have decided is best for them at this point in their life (a decision I expect 90% of us would make if faced with it) -- so I am not sure those distinctions matter, they certainly don't justify the disdain many Cuse fans have shown for these kids. It matters not how many years were expected of them when they arrived or whether they are projected top 3 or top 20. What matters is that they are decent respectful kids who played hard for their schools and decided that with the near certainty of a multi million dollar contract it is the right time for them to seize the opportunity to do something they've dreamed of all their life...and likely to help out parents and other family who could benefit from some help. It is really unbelievable that some folks can factor in their own criteria (their assessment of readiness, how many years were they expected to stay, their likely draft spot, how far they took their team in the tourney) and spit out a justification to be angry at these kids for deciding what is best for them and their family. I am not confident either will have a long career as an NBA starter but I will always root for them.

I don't doubt it was a tough decision for him...but his choice was predictable, and correct.

I really think he wanted to come back to Duke next year, but being a lock to go in the top 3 was too much to turn down.

seems like a no brainer decision but had jabari parker returned , duke is easily odds on favorite to win the tourney.
i'd would like to ask carmelo anthony just how many millions he would sell his SU championship experience for.

tbonezone said:
seems like a no brainer decision but had jabari parker returned , duke is easily odds on favorite to win the tourney. i'd would like to ask carmelo anthony just how many millions he would sell his SU championship experience for.

The politically correct answer would be he wouldn't trade it for anything. An honest answer would probably be something that no Syracuse fan would want to hear.

Yeah I do recall him being a top 5 pick more so to the fact that that draft was incredibly weak than anything. He is a poster boy example of someone who killed their draft stock.

I still think he would have been a top 10-12 pick at worst if not for the serious questions about his back.

seems like a no brainer decision but had jabari parker returned , duke is easily odds on favorite to win the tourney.
i'd would like to ask carmelo anthony just how many millions he would sell his SU championship experience for.