Jake (others feel free): | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jake (others feel free):

If Red or Gerry is the next coach, we will be close to Lville bad… and never have another winning season. Hop or Hart are the only ACCEPTABLE cuse “in house” guys. Unless we do the smart thing and hire Ricky.
chicken GIF

Our guy's Jewish, too, isn't he?

Besides, isn't that where we got Rony?
JB Jewish? No. Rony was born in Lebanon but was living in Greece when he was in high school

How can you say that when the guy hasn’t coached a game yet or you have never been to a practice ?
Because they don’t deserve a job like this. We aren’t Minnesota or something. This school and fanbase deserves a big time coach who is proven or a realllllly up and coming guy.

Because they don’t deserve a job like this. We aren’t Minnesota or something. This school and fanbase deserves a big time coach who is proven or a realllllly up and coming guy.
Like who ?

Red and Griff recruiting. I promise you all you are going to be wildly surprised. The guys JB said no to would be amazing fits. I know these 2 are my guys and my good friends, but I’m telling you to please support them when the time comes because they care too much about cuse to let other coaches out work them and not win
I’ve talked more to Griff over the years and have high hopes for him in particular. He’s got a great personality and knowledge of the game. He will hustle and do the grinding work on the trail.

This is pretty interesting. I would guess they were players that JB assessed “high maintenance”.
So pretty much any top 50 kid.

I have said at different times I think we need a national search and a proven program builder to fix this mess. That being said once Red is officially named then he will receive 100% of my support until it is lost which will take multi seasons
Yep this is where I'm at. I'm not thrilled with the decision to say the least. But I'm also not going to keep saying the same thing over and over and I will give Red a fair chance to prove me wrong.

I hope like heck I'm wrong. This may come as a surprise to everyone, but that has happened before. :)

I remember meeting and talking to Dior and Westry after the NC game and all they could talk about was how they were going to pack the dome with 30k every night and get this place rocking. No mention of playing zone or for JB. All there focus was on the atmosphere - the dome is still a unique draw for kids that Red can leverage.

Let’s not forget the crazy class Red and Gerry were bringing to our doorstep - didn’t work out and Dior especially was a head case but the talent was undeniable

JB Jewish? No. Rony was born in Lebanon but was living in Greece when he was in high school

People used to say we never got the calls Carnesecca got because Jim was Jewish and the referees were Italian.

Yes and if I recall correctly, Rony walked into JB’s office after a game he attended (he had a sister and some other relatives at SU and the Syracuse area) and asked if he could be a walk on in 1983. He actually didn’t play till the 1984-1985 season. Like you said, he was Lebanese (his family had a very successful shipping business) and moved to Greece to escape the war but at no time was Israel mentioned in his bio.

Jim was never Jewish.

He doesn't even appear in the leaflet of "Greatest Jewish Sports Legends".

Or in the Chanukah Song:

Yeah, he was just continuing the tradition of the great Jim Brown.
I dug deep into that episode as it was going on. There was quote from her attorney that said no one ever claimed Devo hit the girl. Very different from the original JB

Last edited:
2012 was very good but they weren't beating Anthony Davis. 2010 was hands down, the best SU team period. They would have plowed to the title that year. IMO this was one of the only SU teams that I witnessed with the killer instinct. They throttled teams that year and were str8 assassins with no remorse. It KILLS me to this day to think about that team's end... It died twice, once with AO and another with the felony that occurred on the court against Butler. Matt Howard to this day can burn in hell along with the refs. This was 150% Syracuse's 2nd title.
Disagree on Anthony Davis with Fab anchoring the middle. Team beats talent in 2012, like it almost did in 1996. Both of these SU squads were great, but 2012 was a Fab suspension away from being the only undefeated team in Big East play in history. I never had that sense of dominance watching the 2010 squad as I did the 2012 team.

2012 was very good but they weren't beating Anthony Davis. 2010 was hands down, the best SU team period. They would have plowed to the title that year. IMO this was one of the only SU teams that I witnessed with the killer instinct. They throttled teams that year and were str8 assassins with no remorse. It KILLS me to this day to think about that team's end... It died twice, once with AO and another with the felony that occurred on the court against Butler. Matt Howard to this day can burn in hell along with the refs. This was 150% Syracuse's 2nd title.
agree about 2010, but think we could have run it with 2012, too.
With that said, was very disappointed that D Riley couldn't step up vs. Butler. or versus anyone, in fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom