Jalen Carey | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Carey

STL_CuseFan

Walk On
Any insight how our big recruit who proved he can score in the Oregon and UConn games only warrants 10 minutes of PT in a big game with an offensively challenged team? Is this the new MCW 2.0 scenario to make sure he doesn't get exposure and leave next year?

I Agee. He’s like the tazmainian devil out there with his speed and quickness. He’s got major talent that hasn’t been harnessed yet with the turnovers. The more he plays the more he learns and better he gets.

Frank was doing better last night

Yet another dribble off his leg casualty. An epidemic all over the court here. He’s fast compared to our guys but he’s not some lightning bolt out there at all. Not sure what everybody is seeing.

Yet another dribble off his leg casualty. An epidemic all over the court here. He’s fast compared to our guys but he’s not some lightning bolt out there at all. Not sure what everybody is seeing.

imo, every game we've played, he's been the quickest player on the court (maybe 1-2 exceptions). but quickness is only 1 skill.

I agree that Carey needs to sure up his TO's but so does Frank and Carey will get better over the years when it comes to developing his shots but it's not like he's Kaleb Joseph out there. He is quick and can penetrate to the hoop and scores at a high clip doing that or can then dish it out and that's where the good looks come from. Not the screens 3 feet behind the 3 point line with 10 on the shot clock. I agree he's not the answer but 10 minutes is pretty bad imo.

He looks great and then boom huge mistake happens.

I still like him. Gives us something our other guards don't. I think he will improve between now and March.

He just doesn't get the Boeheim offensive system. You wait around for 25 seconds and jack up a 1 on 1 off balance fade away three. Carey is terrible at 1 on 1 off balance fade away threes and therefore he doesn't get a lot of minutes.

Yet another dribble off his leg casualty. An epidemic all over the court here. He’s fast compared to our guys but he’s not some lightning bolt out there at all. Not sure what everybody is seeing.[/QUOTE
Right now, he's more like a short circuit than a lightening bolt.

A lot of potential but a lot to learn too.

He just doesn't get the Boeheim offensive system. You wait around for 25 seconds and jack up a 1 on 1 off balance fade away three. Carey is terrible at 1 on 1 off balance fade away threes and therefore he doesn't get a lot of minutes.

+1 for the last sentence...made me laugh.

Battle should sit on the bench more when he's not playing well and Frank is. Frank and Carey could easily share court time. Perhaps the zone wouldn't be as strong, but it kind of sucks this year anyway.

Bringing Battle back in at 18-11 was, I thought, a head-scratcher. The Carey/Howard lineup had opened a decent lead and was playing well on both ends. There shouldn't be anything preordained about sending the best player, having a quiet night, back into a game that's going well. Ride those horses til something goes wrong.

Some on the board have described him as having Westbrook-like quickness. Word of that quickly reached JB, and Carey was immediately Boeheimed.

With so few options available on offense, Carey with no outside shooting ability gives the team one less option. That corner 3 that he took yesterday didn't come within 5 feet of the basket. Don't know if the refs missed a foul or not, but that shot really hurt the team.

With so few options available on offense, Carey with no outside shooting ability gives the team one less option. That corner 3 that he took yesterday didn't come within 5 feet of the basket. Don't know if the refs missed a foul or not, but that shot really hurt the team.
He was either fouled or it was tipped.

Jalen Carey just needs to get up to speed at this level.
He's very quick and can get to the hoop.
But a little sloppy with the ball, seems to take a lot of time to get his jumper off and is not Frank Howard in the zone.
Playing time he gets probably comes at Frank's expense.
He's eventually going to be a great point guard...but not yet.

Jalen Carey just needs to get up to speed at this level.
He's very quick and can get to the hoop.
But a little sloppy with the ball, seems to take a lot of time to get his jumper off and is not Frank Howard in the zone.
Playing time he gets probably comes at Frank's expense.
He's eventually going to be a great point guard...but not yet.
He's actually been mostly good in the zone - his problems have come on the O end
He's actually getting a few of Battle's minutes and not just Howard's. And I agree with pearl31; he's looked pretty good in the zone, especially for a freshman.

Jalen had a great blow by and finish last night. In a game where we couldn’t get by people it is strange that he didn’t play more since he is probably the fastest guy on the team.