Jalen Rose | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Rose

iommi

Living Legend
Love him on Gameday... Huge improvement over Hubert Davis. Rose is knowledgeable and opinionated.

Love him on Gameday... Huge improvement over Hubert Davis. Rose is knowledgeable and opinionated.

So much better--not even close.

Now, if only they could find a way to get rid of Jay Williams...

Hubert and Jay Williams - both belonged on some local sports channel in Chapel Hill. Admittedly, they both improved over time, but my god was it painful, especially the first few years.

I am not a big Jalen fan but he is way better than Hubert Davis.

I am not a big Jalen fan but he is way better than Hubert Davis.
Hmmm... Surprised you don't like Jalen. He's the resident cool dude on the panel and he helps offset the clueless curmudgeon, Digger.

Hmmm... Surprised you don't like Jalen. He's the resident cool dude on the panel and he helps offset the clueless curmudgeon, Digger.
I just think he get to racist at times without being racist.

I also like true college guys. To me he is an NBA guy.

UH... you ever hear about Michigan and the Fab Five?

You mean racist as in pro-black? Also, I know he did a lot of NBA stuff but he's made the adjustment to college because he does his homework... And he has the experience as a great college player himself.

UH... you ever hear for Michigan and the Fab Five?

Yea I know. He always has been an NBA guy post college and I view his expertise on the NBA side. Just not used to him doing college. Thats all.

You mean racist as in pro-black? Also, I know he did a lot of NBA stuff but he's made the adjustment to college because he does his homework... And he has the experience as a great college player himself.

Yea that 30 for 30 thing rubbed me the wrong way. Came off as kind of a I thought.

I love going drinking with jalen, uncle tom, and jason kidd. figuring out who drives home is always a pleasure.

I just remember Grant Hill's response to his saying the only black players Duke recruited were Uncle Toms. It's not too difficult to infer some sort of racism or bigotry from those comments, and easy enough for the average person not to like someone who makes such pointed comments. For those who aren't familiar(I'm guessing all the rabid fans on here must be), you can read Grant Hill's response in the NY Times http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/grant-hills-response-to-jalen-rose/

As for his current broadcast skills, I can't really say, as I haven't seen him in action. For all I know, he may provide some great color commentary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom