James Johnson out at Va Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

James Johnson out at Va Tech

Wonder why Wake ever fired Dino Gaudio? Are their fans and administration realistic? When we were in the NCAA's in Miami in 2009 - Wake was there too and I was shocked at the lack of fan support they had. Cleveland St had more fans in Miami than Wake. Gaudio had them in the NCAA's all three of his years there after Skip Prosser's sudden death.

Wonder why Wake ever fired Dino Gaudio? Are their fans and administration realistic? When we were in the NCAA's in Miami in 2009 - Wake was there too and I was shocked at the lack of fan support they had. Cleveland St had more fans in Miami than Wake. Gaudio had them in the NCAA's all three of his years there after Skip Prosser's sudden death.

That whole situation was a VERY weird, hush-hush kinda deal. A total head scratcher.

Most Wake fans were happy with his results, and puzzled by the move. There was some chatter about behind-the-scenes disagreements with the administration, but nothing concrete from anyone in the know that I ever saw. Don't believe anything questionable with the NCAA was ever going on, so my guess is Dino just wasn't on the same page as his bosses.

Re: fan support, Wake is by far the smallest school in the ACC, so that's not shocking. They don't have a national footprint. Their fans are extremely faithful, but do expect a good product on the court. They are EASILY the most likeable fanbase in the ACC though, and you'll rarely see teams from other ACC schools not cheer for them if/when they make the NCAA's.

he appeared totally over-matched... No surprise...
Oh god, James Johnson had no idea what he was doing. Just a poorly coached team and he simply was over his head with that job. With the new AD, I knew he was getting the axe

God, once Beamer retires it's good to know VaTech's AD is a tire fire and will likely run that program into the ground.

And to my understanding Gaudio didn't please the Wake boosters.

That whole situation was a VERY weird, hush-hush kinda deal. A total head scratcher.

Most Wake fans were happy with his results, and puzzled by the move. There was some chatter about behind-the-scenes disagreements with the administration, but nothing concrete from anyone in the know that I ever saw. Don't believe anything questionable with the NCAA was ever going on, so my guess is Dino just wasn't on the same page as his bosses.

Re: fan support, Wake is by far the smallest school in the ACC, so that's not shocking. They don't have a national footprint. Their fans are extremely faithful, but do expect a good product on the court. They are EASILY the most likeable fanbase in the ACC though, and you'll rarely see teams from other ACC schools not cheer for them if/when they make the NCAA's.

Even stranger is that I haven't heard that he has been in the mix for another coaching gig since. I have only seen him a few times on air for ESPN.

Wake may go after NC State assistant Bobby Lutz I heard. Lutz is the former coach at UNC-Charlotte. I don't like this move if Wake does this as Lutz isn't that great IMO. If Bobby Hurley or Dan Hurley had more success they could have been contenders.

If Lutz got the job at Wake, then there goes NC State's coaching staff who all worked under Lutz at Charlotte. These coaches were instrumental in bringing in Warren after Lowe was fired. They have also brought in some top recruits the last few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom