James Southerland? | Syracusefan.com

James Southerland?

C

Cuse44

Anything at all? Not hearing a peep lately has me worried. I love how we have played lately, but James sure gives us a nice boost.

Matt Roe said on the drive home that James said to him that he is hoping to have things figured out this week. What that means I have no idea.

Sounds good. I think it is beneficial to know one way or the other. Getting Grant, Cooney, and Coleman some more run has been great, but I'd love to get him back. If anything, I think this stretch has given Boeheim confidence to play those three more.

Over on the pay board there's a post saying that he was considering a free agency offer from a D-League team.

I'm kidding by the way.

I think James is very motivated to get back- he's gotta be fearful of losing PT to Mr. Grant. I would be too if I were in his shoes.

Remember when some on the board suggested that Southerland better watch out or Grant would take his minutes. Well, Southerland is out and now Grant is getting Xmas's minutes. That is a quick leap frog in just a few games. Wonder if he can play center (just kidding).

Remember when some on the board suggested that Southerland better watch out or Grant would take his minutes. Well, Southerland is out and now Grant is getting Xmas's minutes. That is a quick leap frog in just a few games. Wonder if he can play center (just kidding).

Yep. IF Southerland can come back, I would prefer that Southerland steal some of Rak's minutes and keep Grant on the court. Of course, CJ cant continue to play all 40 min either so there are minutes to take from him, too.

if we can get him back, and i'm not that confident in that, it could be the best thing that happened to us. It forced JB to play JG who is the exact type of player this team needed. Will be huge come march. now if we can only get Dirty back...

if we can get him back, and i'm not that confident in that, it could be the best thing that happened to us. It forced JB to play JG who is the exact type of player this team needed. Will be huge come march. now if we can only get Dirty back...

Yeah I agree completely. Add him to the team we have seen the last two games (and he'll fit in flawlessly since he doesn't even start) and I don't see anyone better in the country.

WIthout him we probably can't in a game deep into the tournament if BT is cold.

After the Louisville game MCW said, "We're going to need him." This was in response to a question about Jerami's contribution Sat.

Some of that talk here of using CJ or JS at the 2 for brief stints might materialize. Hard to keep Grant off the floor. Cooney, maybe not so much.

watching the past couple of thefts.. i mean wins.. getting dirty back would really propel this group. now that grant, mcw and triche have come on so strong- letting dirty be the 3 pt threat to spread the floor and giving more opportunities to get the ball into the post - could really get us rolling on offense. Coleman has really started to move better and getting him some space to work with so he can get after it on offense could open things up. i loved seeing dirty talking to teammates in timeouts etc and hope this gets cleared up. The chance this gave grant was wonderful- and now if we could add js back to the mix- what a lift that would be. this is such an odd team but a team that shows so much will to win. learning what they have they are scratching at putting 40 mins together that lets them dominate anyone.

Yep. IF Southerland can come back, I would prefer that Southerland steal some of Rak's minutes and keep Grant on the court. Of course, CJ cant continue to play all 40 min either so there are minutes to take from him, too.
Bingo. We'll have a game or 2 with quick whistles and that's where not having JSouth will kill us. Yeah, I know we XMAS can get those minutes, but he's not great on the wing. You can see that OSU game is still on my mind

It would apear that JB wants CJ, Dirty and now JG at the forward slots. There's plenty of minutes to go around there.
The odd men out are Xmas, Baye and Coleman who would share the 40 center minutes.

It would apear that JB wants CJ, Dirty and now JG at the forward slots. There's plenty of minutes to go around there.
The odd men out are Xmas, Baye and Coleman who would share the 40 center minutes.

Think how deep that front court will be next year if all three bigs come back which at this point seems likely.

the secret to building quality depth on a JB team - suspend a player who gets regular minutes.

the secret to building quality depth on a JB team - suspend a player who gets regular minutes.
out of witness protection for a quick post. Did you enjoy the louisville game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom