James Washington Transferring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

James Washington Transferring

anomander said:
Jerome Smith ‏@RomeSmith4527m It's been a pleasure Syracuse #cusenation

Hope that doesn't mean no bowl either. I had heard, but was reluctant to say since I don't know it factually, that there would be a few players missing for the bowl including a couple starters and then as we've started to see, several transfers.

Hope that doesn't mean no bowl either. I had heard, but was reluctant to say since I don't know it factually, that there would be a few players missing for the bowl including a couple starters and then as we've started to see, several transfers.
Smith will play. Not sure about the others

Why would a kid leaving for the NFL not be allowed to play in the bowl?

If he signs with an agent and/or opts to immediately get into a pre-combine training program.

Semi-related: For transfers, they might have issues with moving or getting set up before the next semester begins at their new school. I'd guess that players expecting to get into the game would stay at SU as long as possible, but some could opt out pre-bowl, I guess.

I'm assuming what you heard includes the injury to Eskridge.

What else may there be- The annual end of semester suspensions for grades/drugs/shenanigans? Seems likely.

Bummed about Washington, that kid showed good signs in practice that I witnessed. He didn't want to wait any longer IMO.

Manley is not surprising at all, actually shocked he stayed this long.

Jerome leaving has been known for a few days. He wants to give the NFL a shot and doesn't want to risk an injury his 5th year. It's not like his stock would go up in this system. McD obviously had different plans this year than many of us thought.

And yes, the staff does like the kids they have coming in. Most of them will redshirt, but will then be looked at to compete up in their 2nd year.

Exciting times...

Tough loss with Smith... Best luck to him in his future... unless he plays for the Dolphins ;)

Hope nothing but good things for Jerome......Had a great run here!!

16 Days Ago

December 4, 2013 PS

Jerome Smith, the Syracuse running back, says he plans to return to the Orange next season

Any wonder why fans get confused?

OrangeXtreme said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he played in the bowl game but I'm not completely convinced he is. I sure hope so but there are rumblings about some things. I still haven't seen anything that says Esk is hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if he played in the bowl game but I'm not completely convinced he is. I sure hope so but there are rumblings about some things. I still haven't seen anything that says Esk is hurt.

Esk tweeted out himself he wasn't playing. Curveball maybe?

Esk tweeted out himself he wasn't playing. Curveball maybe?

As for the "rumblings" i think they are good to go now. Hopefully

Care to elaborate on rumblings? Are we talking big seismic shifts or little things?

RICuse44 said:
Care to elaborate on rumblings? Are we talking big seismic shifts or little things?
can we just share I mean why the facade here just say

anomander said:
Esk tweeted out himself he wasn't playing. Curveball maybe? As for the "rumblings" i think they are good to go now. Hopefully

I know he tweeted he wasn't playing. Never gets mentioned as being hurt. Upper body lower body.

rrlbees said:
I know he tweeted he wasn't playing. Never gets mentioned as being hurt. Upper body lower body.

How about the VP of the Post Standard tweeting at Eskridge about that questioning him if that was smart to say. Nevermind reporters aren't allowed to tweet players. His response "the NCAA doesn't control me"

How about the VP of the Post Standard tweeting at Eskridge about that questioning him if that was smart to say. Nevermind reporters aren't allowed to tweet players. His response "the NCAA doesn't control me"

Sigh..

sigh

sigh

It is a violation to disclose information which could be used for gambling, but it's funny that the SMG will post the betting lines and the NCAA has never asked them or any other media outlet not to do that.

anomander said:

I might be ignorant but I'm not sure what that all means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom