James worked out for Portland today | Syracusefan.com

James worked out for Portland today

I really like this kid. I hope someone is wise enough to pick him up to fill a role where he can see the floor.

I feel Dirty is a perfect fit for an 8th or 9th man off-the-bench, instant 3 offense type of guy.

Pulling for the most flatulant player in SU history. Just not his finger...

James has the size, athleticism and skill set to play spot minutes at the 3, 4 and even the 2 . . . but after 4 years of waiting for him to put that all together for Syracuse, I am skeptical that he'll be able to do it for an NBA team. He will certainly get a good chance, either as a draft pick or a UFA. If he does make a team, stay there, and play well, then I will be happy for him of course . . . but I'll also be ticked off that JB didn't redshirt his freshman season, because that means he was just a late bloomer who only needed one more year to reach his potential.

reportedly he went 17-25 for 3. James compares himself to Danny Green in this interview

Very smart of him to use that comparison. Danny Green cant dribble for crap. But he can shoot the three and he hustles on defense. And right now he is one more big time game away from being in the NBA Finals MVP discussion.

If James can prove his mettle on the D end and continue to shoot well spotting up AND he goes to a good team, I think he has a shot.

He'll need to hang a little more muscle on his frame and he'll need to find his spacing and spots, but it needs to be with a good team.

Good luck to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom