Jason Beck, Rocky Long, and the rest of the Staff | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck, Rocky Long, and the rest of the Staff

Well everything is all speculation at this point. That’s the fun of it.

This is the most exciting thing since we were 6-0 and ranked before the wheels came off last year.

Eh I suppose you are right but I'm not even needing it wanting to think about it until a new HC is hired. No point imo.

I assume the interim is a good recruiter but no other coach should be kept for that reason. The only position group that's passable is LBs. Our DBs are awful. DL and OL awful. WRs and QBs...no unit was coached up.

I mean, it was a question… sure seemed like we have “swag daddy” a lot of credit on the board
Sorry you’re right. I read Marrone lol :cool:

Yeah Monroe was the guy but Nunzio is the guy they brought on to be that guy after Monroe left. He’s got deep ties to NJ.

And toss in the fact that he didn’t develop any of the guys with QB after their name to the point that they could line up behind center the past two weeks.
Seems like that should be a red flag, doesn't it? But he definitely has his fan club on the board.

Yeah Monroe was the guy but Nunzio is the guy they brought on to be that guy after Monroe left. He’s got deep ties to NJ.

Dennis Thomas was LeQuint's highschool coach in South Jersey and is our current Director of Highschool Relations... He is our South Jersey/ Philly guy...

It may be Nunzio has been tipped (in part) to try and keep our Jersey guys for new staff and HC??

Last edited:

I gotchu

IMG_8944.jpeg

I thought Monroe was our NJ guy? Didn’t he bring in like all the big name Nj guys?
Monroe

Thing with this season is while we had a tough 4 game stretch after starting 4-0 the final four games were weaker and softer than could be imagined and we lost 2 of them. With a healthy Allen. TE coach should be only offensive guy retained. We could have beat BC starting fans in the stands.

If we hire White and he wants Beck cool but one and done if there isn’t a huge improvement first year.

I think the offense might be an easier fix than people think though especially if you can keep Villari and LQA.

If Beck had landed LaNorris Sellers, we wouldn't be in this mess. Instead we have: well, you know...

The one coach from Dino's era I'd like to have back is Justin Lustig for Special Teams.

Unless the new head coach has SU heritage, you should expect he'll totally clean house. The 3-3-5 might be gone too.

I assume the interim is a good recruiter but no other coach should be kept for that reason. The only position group that's passable is LBs. Our DBs are awful. DL and OL awful. WRs and QBs...no unit was coached up.

I really like getting peoples different takes and opinions on position groups. I personally think the 2 best players on the defense are Clark and Barron. Both coached by the secondary coaches. I thought Johnson was good, Gould, Bellamy and Delaine showed promise.

I thought the LBs regressed big time. - complete drop off from last year imo. I thought the interior DLine played well but the DEnds regressed. Some of this might be scheme.

The entire defense may have been scheme. Long did NOT run the same 3-3-5 that White ran.

i say go full

R.67daf83d3e90616edb20e3a4439e1c23.jpeg

we need to build a new culture. a winning culture. the penalties, sloppiness lack of discipline .schemes...
that's all coaching.

Thing with this season is while we had a tough 4 game stretch after starting 4-0 the final four games were weaker and softer than could be imagined and we lost 2 of them. With a healthy Allen. TE coach should be only offensive guy retained. We could have beat BC starting fans in the stands.

If we hire White and he wants Beck cool but one and done if there isn’t a huge improvement first year.

I think the offense might be an easier fix than people think though especially if you can keep Villari and LQA.
If white is hired would he consider Swag as DC?

What exactly stood out during White's tenure as DC, that would precipitate his being hired as the new HC? Serious question.

Let’s keep in mind

2024 schedule - not so bad
2025 schedule - hell

Whoever comes in, my expectations for the new coach is build the best possible team that you can for 2025/26. Might have things break properly and win enough for a bowl in 24, but we’ll see

Let’s keep in mind

2024 schedule - not so bad
2025 schedule - hell

Whoever comes in, my expectations for the new coach is build the best possible team that you can for 2025/26. Might have things break properly and win enough for a bowl in 24, but we’ll see
I think it's critical they get a bowl next season.