Jason Grilli is now 13-for-13 in save situations with an 0.64 ERA | Syracusefan.com

Jason Grilli is now 13-for-13 in save situations with an 0.64 ERA

Home grown talent. Beautiful.

Best of luck to him, I once met him and his dad at Change of Pace and got pitching lessons from his Dad during high school.

The Melancon-Grilli 8-9th might be the best in baseball.

He must have had some good high school coaches.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Two of the best closers in baseball are Upstate New Yorkers. Jim Johnson's got a 0.95 ERA and 14 saves and hails from Union-Endicott HS in Endicott (Binghamton).

there are literally a million players that have had awesome stats over an extremely limited timeline

He's having an awesome year. Just put a foot on the throat of arguably the best 2-3-4 (Hunter, Cabrera, Fielder) lineup in baseball.

The Nats Rizzo must be kicking himself for not calling him up last year from Syracuse thus letting him walk to the Pirates. At the same time I would have never guessed he would be throwing 95 at 36yrs old or that the Nats pens would implode this year.

Disclaimer: I'm biased as he used to show up to my little league games and volunteer coach our team during his BVille days and Freshmen Year at the Hall.

One of the negative byproducts of the steroid era is that inside this great story there is still a small % of doubt that creeps in when a 36 yr. old pitcher has the best season of his career. I'm not saying he's on the juice but his predecessors have cast the cloud of suspicion over everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom