Jason Hart is the only Orange option I hope is considered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Hart is the only Orange option I hope is considered

If we can’t get Oats the next best thing would be his assistant Bryan Hodgson. He is Oats lead recruiter and has been since Buffalo. He recruited Canada for Alabama and got a couple of their top prospects. He also has a Junior College coaching background and recruits them as well.

He was born in New York and Syracuse was his favorite team growing up.

Several names out there that would make sense and this guy deserves a look.

In my personal opinion I want someone with experience. John Becker has always been a guy I thought would do great at Syracuse. Coaches a great defense and wins games.

Hes got a pretty good profile, it looks like he is credited for landing more talent than our 3 assistants combined in the last couple cycles

If we are going outside the tree, I’d like to see Chris Mack. I don’t think he would come here. I think Mike Boynton will get a look too. Oats ain’t coming here.
You must be kidding. If you look up the definition of “sleeze” Chris Mack’s name will come up.

I'm all for winning, and don't mind if we cut some corners to get there since other teams do a lot worse. However, I draw the line with slick Rick. No way, no thanks.
Under the terms that have already been outlined: 2-3 yr stint, post-JB transition, SU ties, vindication (for him), at a lower-then-normal salary, proven winning system, then why not?
If this is about the “moral high ground”, then that’s being way overblown, imo. College sports is a bizness, as the nil has readily illustrated, & JB wasn’t exactly squeaky clean in the purity dept.
Pitino would be a tremendous hire & have this thing humming in a couple of years at most. He then retires into the sunset at the place where he started. If we’re a Big Boy program then let’s act like it. Hire the man. JMHO

Under the terms that have already been outlined: 2-3 yr stint, post-JB transition, SU ties, vindication (for him), at a lower-then-normal salary, proven winning system, then why not?
If this is about the “moral high ground”, then that’s being way overblown, imo. College sports is a bizness, as the nil has readily illustrated, & JB wasn’t exactly squeaky clean in the purity dept.
Pitino would be a tremendous hire & have this thing humming in a couple of years at most. He then retires into the sunset at the place where he started. If we’re a Big Boy program then let’s act like it. Hire the man. JMHO
You know what, maybe. Thinking about this more, while I really dislike Rick, you're right in that he would have things humming quickly. He might also be one of the surest hires we could make. Okay, I'm on board.

Yeah, if he does well at Cincy(and he’s off to a solid start), I would be very interested. Young guy but very experienced, built up a consistent winner at UNC-G. Lots to like there. Would he recruit well in the northeast would be my question?
Do we now ?

I've been on the Rick Pitino train for a while now. If we're going with a tie to the Orange family, a coach with proven success, and can bring different flavor to the Hill, Rick would be the move IMO.

I've been on the Rick Pitino train for a while now. If we're going with a tie to the Orange family, a coach with proven success, and can bring different flavor to the Hill, Rick would be the move IMO.

I would rather hire Rick than any internal options or Mike Hopkins.

Getting back to Jason Hart, his name intrigues me quite a bit. We know he has the ties to the program, but his name carries A LOT of weight. I think that would give a major boost to recruiting.

So much silliness and delusions of grandeur prevalent in this thread. Or is it just evidence that NY legalized recreational use?

Getting back to Jason Hart, his name intrigues me quite a bit. We know he has the ties to the program, but his name carries A LOT of weight. I think that would give a major boost to recruiting.

Yup. He’s on the rise and seems to be highly respected. I’m sure his goal is NBA head coach…could a high profile stint turning his alma mater around get him there? Let’s face it…. A lot of guys can coach. Holding some clout is just a part of it that separates guys, at that level.

At the very least, the prospect of re-opening the California pipeline again for recruits, somewhat, would be neat. I know that ship largely sailed after the glorious Eighties era where ESPN still focused the nation heavily on the Big East, and young players named O'Bannon or McCorkle or Hopkins would catch games after school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom