Jaworski: Nassib is the 2nd best QB in this draft | Syracusefan.com

Jaworski: Nassib is the 2nd best QB in this draft

jekelish

Living Legend
ESPN Insider article:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...aft-ron-jaworski-ranks-top-quarterbacks-draft

2. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

The more I watched Nassib, the more I liked him. On the positive side, he has shown a good strong arm and can make touch throws. On the negative, he has lacked consistency on corner routes and deeper routes and has struggled with accuracy.

Mechanically, he's very good. I like his quick stroke. Even with a little load, he gets the ball out fast and secures the ball well when he gets it in his hands. Those might seem like little things, but in the NFL all the little things are amplified and can be the difference between success and failure.

There's also a scheme element that I like. Yes, Nassib is coming from a spread offense, but most of the passing concepts used by Doug Marrone's offense project well in the NFL. At a minimum, Nassib will fit well with the Buffalo Bills. Just saying…

Like being the 2nd prettiest girl in the graduating class from LaFareville.

Gawd, who woulda thunk it? Have the stars ever aligned for this young man? Between a weak QB class and a boatload of QB hungry teams, things couldn't be going better for young Ryan.

And lets not short-change the amount of hard work he's put into this. He worked himself into this situation and deserves everything he gets.

Well done young man, well done.

The early success of Andy Dalton will really help Ryan. They have eerily similar statures, skill-sets, and college production. In hindsight, most teams would probably agree that Dalton at #35 overall was a steal. The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that Ryan goes in the first round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom