Jay Bilas loves him some JB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Bilas loves him some JB

In my opinion, 2010 was the greatest SU team ever in terms of inside/outside balance and offensive efficiency. That said, we need to be careful not to engage in revisionist history. We weren't the only elite team that season - Kentucky and Kansas were truly fantastic that year. Those two teams and SU probably had about an equal chance of winning it all. As it turned out, the weakest of the #1 seeds, Duke, was the last one standing.

In my opinion, 2010 was the greatest SU team ever in terms of inside/outside balance and offensive efficiency. That said, we need to be careful not to engage in revisionist history. We weren't the only elite team that season - Kentucky and Kansas were truly fantastic that year. Those two teams and SU probably had about an equal chance of winning it all. As it turned out, the weakest of the #1 seeds, Duke, was the last one standing.

Also, for whatever it's worth, I believe Pomeroy had Duke as the #1 team for at least the last month or so of the season.

I think the AO injury has allowed us to romanticize that 2010 team just a tad. They were great, and one of the 3 or 4 best teams in the country, and very possibly the best, but they weren't head and shoulders above every other team in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom