Jay Bilas Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Bilas Rankings

Are we one of the best 68 teams I don't think so but I can see an argument for it. The problem is our resume is not one of the 68 best not even close.
Lol he put us at 47 and you think there’s 22 better teams than us that Bilas failed to list?

do you watch them play? the last 4 games was awful to watch. they are athletic, which describes many of the top teams, but they dont run real sets, its high speed attack, hopefully get out on the break and bomb 3s. thats the style and when you have bigs it works. We have no bigs and if we were shooting at just a decent level from 3 we would locked in top 4 and be about 12-2 in the ACC.

I've watched them play at least 8 times, purely for financial reasons. First off they play low scoring games because they're easily one of the top five defensive teams in the country. Excellent rebounding as well. I disagree with the notion that they don't run sets, they move without the ball well and all 7-8 guys they play are very unselfish and share the rock. Jared Butler is one of the top PGs in the country. They're # 1 for a reason and nobody comes close to matching their resume.

But to your point on the last 4 games I would agree that they've looked a little stagnant. They've hit a lull. It happens. They haven't lost in three months.

EDIT: Should also mention that I picked them up right before they beat Kansas in January at +3,000 to win it all.

Lol he put us at 47 and you think there’s 22 better teams than us that Bilas failed to list?
Yes. In the past two weeks we have lost to a crappy Clemson team a mediocre at best NC state team and were life and death to beat a bad wake team at home.

I would die, in a good way, if that ever happened. The best would be if Emmert had some parting shots that it's harder to fix the NCAA deficiencies than people think, only to have Bilas figure it all out in like a week and a half.
Bilas has some good and some bad ideas to change things IMO. Being president of the NCAA is a no-win, thankless job of herding cats. The president gets blown about in a multitude of directions by the college presidents who are his real bosses. Does the president of Harvard have the same view of athletics as the president of Bama? Does the president of Harvard have the same view of athletics as the president of Williams? The NCAA gets rightly condemned for a lot of things they've done that make no sense. They also get condemned by a lot of folks for things they have absolutely no control over at all, like "One and Done".

Also his raps are embarrassing.

Every single day, he posts his often tone-deaf rap lyric, and every single time, a guy with the username "20 Piece Shawty" and whose one pinned tweet is "Is it bad to like weed more than people?? Probably not" immediately responds "let's get that bread, Jay!"

It's like a car accident I can't look away from.

Bilas has some good and some bad ideas to change things IMO. Being president of the NCAA is a no-win, thankless job of herding cats. The president gets blown about in a multitude of directions by the college presidents who are his real bosses. Does the president of Harvard have the same view of athletics as the president of Bama? Does the president of Harvard have the same view of athletics as the president of Williams? The NCAA gets rightly condemned for a lot of things they've done that make no sense. They also get condemned by a lot of folks for things they have absolutely no control over at all, like "One and Done".

Dropping the whole “student-athlete” schtick would go a long way.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 2.23.22 PM.png