Jay Bilas' Top 50 college players this season | Syracusefan.com

Jay Bilas' Top 50 college players this season

man, lot of people really think battle is going to go all mike jordan this year. i feel like he is going to be held up to an unfair expectation.

It's going to be a lot different for Battle this year. Think he'll be a great player for us, but expectations seem to be first team all ACC which I think is unfair to the kid.

If Tyus stays healthy, idk how many guards in college ball can consistently stop him from doing whatever he feels like doing. There are maybe 6 guys who would be up to the task.

From what I saw at the end of last season, 1st Team All-ACC isn't even all that lofty of a goal. That side-hop jumper he has is lethal.

man, lot of people really think battle is going to go all mike jordan this year. i feel like he is going to be held up to an unfair expectation.
He came here to have a path to the NBA and to make an impact on an elite program. I think he's up to the challenge, don't think its an unfair expectation. Think this is a kid who really wants it and showed flashes of being special last year. Examples being the games at Clemson and UL as well as vs Duke.

He wont be MJ, but no reason he cant be a Dion or impact player.

Last edited:
One thing about that list is it shows the guard positions in the ACC is loaded. I counted 7 on that list alone from the ACC.

The writer had a guy from Richmond in the Top 50. The kid isn't bad but Battle is 10x the player.

He still loves us!

JUST MISSED: [We will update this list with glaring omissions you submit. We decided to leave Mitchell Robinson off the list since he’s leaving Western Kentucky. We also left Marvin Bagley Jr. off the list, even though he’s attempting to reclassify.]

Tyus Battle PG Syracuse

JUST MISSED: [We will update this list with glaring omissions you submit. We decided to leave Mitchell Robinson off the list since he’s leaving Western Kentucky. We also left Marvin Bagley Jr. off the list, even though he’s attempting to reclassify.]

Tyus Battle PG Syracuse

Interesting story about the Robinson fiasco.

Mitchell Robinson’s Western Kentucky exodus, explained

It's going to be a lot different for Battle this year. Think he'll be a great player for us, but expectations seem to be first team all ACC which I think is unfair to the kid.
he wasn't all ACC anything last season. missed all the lists. let's not set the bar too high.
he has to pick up a ton of scoring we lost no doubt. but he will be the marked man defensively also.

he wasn't all ACC anything last season. missed all the lists. let's not set the bar too high.
he has to pick up a ton of scoring we lost no doubt. but he will be the marked man defensively also.
He can shoot from deep
he can pull up
can get to the rim
can dribble
he has a great body control
great strength
Aggressive
Very Good basketball IQ

I could keep going on and on

Held back by injury early in the year and then right when he was really rolling, he caught the flu.

All I know is he was creating and making some big time hoops down the stretch against Duke and Virginia, our two best wins. I think he's well equipped to be a go to guy.

I guess he didn't like the school after all!

Are you posting the link because you think he's a potential get?

No. Just posted because it was an interesting story that he was going there. Now the plot thickens. I love a good train wreck.

He can shoot from deep
he can pull up
can get to the rim
can dribble
he has a great body control
great strength
Aggressive
Very Good basketball IQ

I could keep going on and on
and yet no all frosh accolades .no 3rd team . no honorable anything. you see what you hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom