Jay Bromley... | Syracusefan.com

Jay Bromley...

Doc5120

Starter
...deserves his own thread. The kid, MAN, was a beast this season!

He was an absolute monster in the middle of our front four. A natural leader. He lived in opponents backfields all season long. He was to our defense what Mackey was to our offense. Not bad for an unheralded recruit. I expect to see him wreaking havoc on Sundays next fall. This guy is going to be sorely missed!

I agree. He met expectations. Actually exceeded expectations. Double digit sacks as a interior lineman is hard to do. I really hope he gets drafted. He already has a great story but it would be even better if he can have a modest NFL career.

I agree. He met expectations. Actually exceeded expectations. Double digit sacks as a interior lineman is hard to do. I really hope he gets drafted. He already has a great story but it would be even better if he can have a modest NFL career.
Get drafted? I'd assume he would be at least a 6th rounder.

I'm not going to pretend to have any idea where he gets drafted, but based on his production, it's difficult to think he wouldn't go in the top half of the draft. He was a dominant force from the beginning of the season right up until the end. As Money said, it's awfully difficult to get double digits sacks as interior lineman. And it's even more difficult when the other 3 guys along the line aren't putting a whole lot of pressure on the QB. I think he's a heck of a player and I'd be quite surprised not to see him land in the NFL.

I'm not going to pretend to have any idea where he gets drafted, but based on his production, it's difficult to think he wouldn't go in the top half of the draft. He was a dominant force from the beginning of the season right up until the end. As Money said, it's awfully difficult to get double digits sacks as interior lineman. And it's even more difficult when the other 3 guys along the line aren't putting a whole lot of pressure on the QB. I think he's a heck of a player and I'd be quite surprised not to see him land in the NFL.
Like it or not, NFL draft = measurables. Bromley is high on production and short on measurables. Those kind of guys get drafted in the later rounds.

Like it or not, NFL draft = measurables. Bromley is high on production and short on measurables. Those kind of guys get drafted in the later rounds.

In that case, I choose not! ;) I know what you're saying & I do agree with your point. To me, the combine is so overblown, but it seems to be what teams go by. Nevermind what these kids have done their last 3 or 4 years in college. Let's see how fast they run the 40, how far they can broad jump, & what kind of time they get in cone drills etc. I think wherever Bromley ends up, he'll make a name for himself. It's just hard for me to picture him not succeeding.

In that case, I choose not! ;) I know what you're saying & I do agree with your point. To me, the combine is so overblown, but it seems to be what teams go by. Nevermind what these kids have done their last 3 or 4 years in college. Let's see how fast they run the 40, how far they can broad jump, & what kind of time they get in cone drills etc. I think wherever Bromley ends up, he'll make a name for himself. It's just hard for me to picture him not succeeding.

Ask Philly how that whole Mike Mamula thing worked out for them :)

Unfortunately unless he sets the world on fire at the combine I think he's a late round pick. The issue is more of what position he will play in the NFL. I think he would play end in a 3-4 or maybe a DT in a 4-3 but I'm not really sure where he'd land or how he's be used. I'd say 6th-7th rounder.

Ask Philly how that whole Mike Mamula thing worked out for them :)

I just checked Wikipedia so I had more of an idea what you were talking about. I knew Mamula was a very good player at BC...but his combine workout shot him u to #7. Good thing the Eagles smartened up a few years later & made a good pick with some QB by the name of McNabb.

I just checked Wikipedia so I had more of an idea what you were talking about. I knew Mamula was a very good player at BC...but his combine workout shot him u to #7. Good thing the Eagles smartened up a few years later & made a good pick with some QB by the name of McNabb.

There have been so many workout warriors ... hell the Raiders selected Heyward-Bey in the first round just because of his 40 time ... its mind blowing. Of course the Raiders also took Russell #1 overall so they might be a bad example LOL

There have been so many workout warriors ... hell the Raiders selected Heyward-Bey in the first round just because of his 40 time ... its mind blowing. Of course the Raiders also took Russell #1 overall so they might be a bad example LOL
Al loved workout warriors.

Some NFL team is going to hit the jackpot with Bromley in a later round. IF you need interior linemen you can draft a big name guy early and take Bromley late round as cover. The guy is a work horse and has great productivity from a DT spot.

After watching the Eagles/Cowboys game last night I think he would look good in Philly and am hoping Jernigan falls to them in the first.

I will really miss him. Not only was he great on the field but he was bright, well-spoken and always smiling off the field. Seemed like a great kid to have in the program.

Best case he's around the 10-12th DT off the board, worst case put's him around the 20th which is 7th round area. It's a strong year for DT's in the draft which won't help his cause. 4 DT's that we've faced this year will go ahead of him in Donald, Jernigan, Jones, and Hageman (which makes me even more impressed with Macky).

I think he goes late rounds. If nothing else a team like the Ravens will take a chance on him. Art Jones has made huge strides in the NFL after getting a few years to develop.

Best case he's around the 10-12th DT off the board, worst case put's him around the 20th which is 7th round area. It's a strong year for DT's in the draft which won't help his cause. 4 DT's that we've faced this year will go ahead of him in Donald, Jernigan, Jones, and Hageman (which makes me even more impressed with Macky).

After watching both play (hageman and bromley) I am more convinced than ever that measurables play into not only draft position but post season accolades. Hageman had everything you want in a football player, except the playing football part.

After watching both play (hageman and bromley) I am more convinced than ever that measurables play into not only draft position but post season accolades. Hageman had everything you want in a football player, except the playing football part.

He's got the hype though. I love the player Macky turned into but Jernigan destroyed him, and both Donald, and Jones gave him some issues. Hageman did nothing and stat wise for the year he was pretty averag but STILL has that hype.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom