JB’s Presser after Cornell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB’s Presser after Cornell

Interesting I will have to rewatch. I thought he had at least 2 or 3 due to bad passes.
I also thought Brycen had 2 TOs in the first half, but I just re-watched it - he only had one. There were 3 straight sloppy possessions starting at the 11:05 mark when Goodine and Guerrier checked in - with 2 turnovers (1 by Guerrier, 1 by Goodine), 1 almost turnover (lazy pass by Hughes up top that was almost stolen) and a missed layup by Guerrier (after a nice offensive rebound).

Jim pulled Brycen after his turnover (which was the last of the 3 possessions noted above), which might be considered by some to be evidence of a short leash...

(Too soon?)

I just can’t see Jalen coming back next year. I’m not rooting for him to leave, but the addition of Richmond is going to make for a crowded backcourt.
Richmond may not even qualify. I’m very concerned about that.

the one stretch of bad passes let Cornell get back in, Cornell is not a bad team, just not a very good one.. teams that are playing a super athletic style will give them trouble, they should have been 3-0 depual beat them by 20 and so did we.. Depaul beat Iowa by 15 at Iowa..

Cornell will have a solid run in the IVY if they play this well but they dont have the Morgan kid to bail them out this yr.

The way everyone is talking it’s like we won by 2

Well, in my opinion, it didn't feel like a 19 point win, maybe somewhere in the middle though. I believe at about the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half, it was 44-41, so a one possession game. Cornell also had the lead late in the 1st half, but a late bucket by Buddy and several wide open missed shots by Cornell at the half's end snuck us in with the 1 point cushion at the break. The game's separation came around the under 8-9 minute mark, shortly after QC entered the game. Additionally, he was the only one in the 2nd half that got "meaningful" minutes when the game was still in question. When Goodine entered under the 4 minute TO, we had a double digit lead. So, IMO, the final score's margin isn't quite indicative of the game's feel.

Last edited:

I’ve heard that as well. That wouldn’t be great. The fact SU is wiling to roll the dice may say something. But I’ll let others decipher that.

I hope we don’t make that mistake. For g_ds sake there are no rules anymore. Is he breathing and walking upright? Then he qualifies.

pretty good source but still a single source rumor that our other inside sources have not repeated
unless the latter changes, my concern is considerably less than "very"

pretty good source but still a single source rumor that our other inside sources have not repeated
unless the latter changes, my concern is considerably less than "very"
Just a simple search and one can find that even is own HS coach has concerns about his qualifying grades.

Even though I was less than thrilled with that 20 minute stretch to end the first half and start the second half, I got to thinking about this also. This year's "ugly" was still better than last year's

I used to have similar thoughts after a long night of hard drinking. I found that kind of reassurance wasn't really reassuring, though.

Last edited:
For those who didn't go back to the OP to notice if this had been posted (I didn't until after finding it on my own), I figured you may like watching this::

For any Howard Washingtan fans, I believe he said we may get a sighting next game!?

I’d assume he’s qualified. With the new rules (at least for football) you can’t sign an unqualified kid or else you loose the scholarship. If he signs an LOI he’s likely qualified.

Hes at Brewster...he will qualify. That's not their reputation and we wouldnt take him if we felt like we were getting burned. Been there done that.
I really hope so. We need this kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom