JB’s Presser after FSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB’s Presser after FSU

Quincy battles but he’s not overly athletic in terms of his vertical jumping ability. FSU had a half dozen players who outshone him in that department.

JB also mentioned that Marek and Sidibe need to play better. But they’re also overmatched athletically by a number of FSU players.
Worse than Boeheim bashing him is saying this guy is not athletic. Are you kidding me? Best rebounder on the team at 6’7. Well above the rim on alley oop dunk +1. Scores continuously while being hammered. Translation...he’s athletic.

Worse than Boeheim bashing him is saying this guy is not athletic. Are you kidding me? Best rebounder on the team at 6’7. Well above the rim on alley oop dunk +1. Scores continuously while being hammered. Translation...he’s athletic.

I didn’t say he wasn’t athletic. He’s a baller. But he’s not a leaper.

Ville might be coming off a 2 game losing streak that definitely doesn’t help us.

Quincy had 2 rebounds today. Buddy had 3, Girard had 7.

curious. anyone able to find leonard's post game comments. what's up with vassel ?

And for whoever asked JC was very interactive with BG when Bryce was in and on the bench helping him.

Did anybody figure out or did Jb talk about the Q kick ball/ foul? Or JG3 foul on walker for the 4 point play? Or if we wanna bash anybody besides buddy how about Eli “our best player” clunking FT’s?

He nedda
It could be putting Buddy in a tough situation in the locker room.

Buddy strikes me as the kind of kid that would own up to his slump and have the confidence to shoot out of it. Whether his coach mentions it or not in a presser.
really? He needs to show that

Did anybody figure out or did Jb talk about the Q kick ball/ foul? Or JG3 foul on walker for the 4 point play? Or if we wanna bash anybody besides buddy how about Eli “our best player” clunking FT’s?
Way too may fts

JB did say that Buddy couldn’t shoot today. He also said Syracuse needs Buddy out on the court to keep the defense honest/have an offensive threat so he indirectly answered why Buddy played when he could have slid Hughes to 2 guard or played Goodine more.

Maybe JB knows Quincy can handle or needs tough love & maybe he knows Buddy gets down if he critizes him. JB should know better than anyone how to modivate or avoid killing Buddy’s confidence but I agree it looks bad.
Any married guy who likes his wife's loving knows why he didn't call out Buddy. I mean, COME ON!

You strike me as someone who has an unnatural dislike for the kid.

It’s weird.

well, let’s turn it around. You strike me as a having an unnatural affection for the kid.

well, let’s turn it around. You strike me as a having an unnatural affection for the kid.
This has the makings of a "yes you do", " no you do" kind of thing. giphy (8).gif

I don’t disagree with him but...Here’s the problem with your son on the team. Right or wrong, it can be argued that he’s covering for Buddy.

I’d argue as his dad he could afford to speak a little more openly about his performance once in a while .. lord knows I’m harder on my kids than I am on someone else’s...

What’s buddy going to say “Dad you don’t love me anymore !!”

And will be every time he has a bad game.

But it's far from the first time JB, (or Dino or any other coach) attempted to deflect criticism from a player who had a bad game so it could be shared by the team as a whole.

Tyler Roberson begs to differ.

Yes...they were 8-9 and Eli was 3-6, was a huge factor his misses. Not blaming Eli he played a helluva game but those hurt
And at least 1 of the misses was the front end of a 1 and 1. Make any one of those and he might have been more inclined to hustle up the court on that last possession instead of the lack of urgency and settling for a 30 footer.

As for the presser, it was the 2nd in a row where JB was grabbing those papers and leaving after an abnolrmally short time when there likely were more quesstions that would have came. Looks like he even inflluenced someone involved with some part of the video to cut it before he even moved. Used to hear him bid them farewell and see him lope off a bit, but the last 2 were cut as if they were paying by the second for them. Not a huge deal, but it was a change and I found everything mentioned a bit curious. After the gutpunch of the game, I was hoping to milk some more entertainment out of the presser.

I watched the presser a second time. I don’t have any issues with it. We got out rebounded by nearly 20. We scored 78 but we didn’t get a single stop inside of 4 minutes.

Saying we scored enough but can’t get stops down the stretch and need to rebound better was pretty accurate.

When asked about Buddy, he said he needs to make shots. I don’t think he needs to overstate it.

He got a little defensive when Donna asked if he considered moving Hughes to the two (which everyone knows means benching Buddy). But he always gets pissed when people suggest or question strategy.

I thought it was a pretty typical presser. He’s clearly pissed they lost and I think he knows staying over .500 is going to be a challenge.

Well if Guerrier should get more than two rebounds, then Buddy should get more than ZERO points. I had as many points as Buddy today. Buddy does nothing to get to the line. He avoids contact all over the floor. When you’re struggling, find ways to get to the line.
Anybody can struggle on offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom