JB - ACC Ambassador | Syracusefan.com

JB - ACC Ambassador

B

BoomStickO

Is it just me, or has JB become the ambassador for SU, Pitt, and the ACC in regards to the conference realignment?

WFAN, thescore1260, Sportscenter, PTI, Wall Street Journal, etc...

For a man over sixty, he's working hard for Syracuse. In JB I trust. This guy doesn't belong just in the Hall of Fame, he should receive a sainthood.

Agreed. Consequently has made it very easy for Pitt so far. Outside of the Western PA area, all other journalists have focused on Syracuse. Understandable though, since SU was a founding member of the BE.

Is it just me, or has JB become the ambassador for SU, Pitt, and the ACC in regards to the conference realignment?

WFAN, thescore1260, Sportscenter, PTI, Wall Street Journal, etc...

For a man over sixty, he's working hard for Syracuse. In JB I trust. This guy doesn't belong just in the Hall of Fame, he should receive a sainthood.
Agreed. He appears to be the only person doing any real PR for the move. No Swofford, no ACC coaches, no ACC ADs or chancellors. Not even Dickie V (where is Dickie V on this anyway...one would think he would be hopping around like a Mexican Jumping Bean in excitement?).

Instead, the bomb is defused by the guy who put more of his heart and soul into the Big East than anyone on the planet.

Pretty tough to make him do this dirty work.

Pretty hard to bash a guy integral to the founding of the conference whose message is that the "Big East" he came to love had passed long ago.

Agreed. Consequently has made it very easy for Pitt so far. Outside of the Western PA area, all other journalists have focused on Syracuse. Understandable though, since SU was a founding member of the BE.
That and no one cares about Pitt, not even Pitt fans :D

JB is doing all the PR work because he is the most visible person out there to interview. He also gives good-humored interviews and tells it like it is. An interview with commissioners, presidents, chancellors, or athletic directors would be a bore; in fact, they would all probably read from the same script.

No matter. I think it's good press for any potential recruit for basketball or football at SU to see the school's strong tradition and media prominence.

Agreed. He appears to be the only person doing any real PR for the move. No Swofford, no ACC coaches, no ACC ADs or chancellors. Not even Dickie V (where is Dickie V on this anyway...one would think he would be hopping around like a Mexican Jumping Bean in excitement?).

Instead, the bomb is defused by the guy who put more of his heart and soul into the Big East than anyone on the planet.

Pretty tough to make him do this dirty work.

Dickie V was just on the phone on Sportscenter, and It sounds like he doesn't like the move. Say's it's all about football and greed. He said more, but that's the gist of it.

Dickie V was just on the phone on Sportscenter, and It sounds like he doesn't like the move. Say's it's all about football and greed. He said more, but that's the gist of it.

We're now a threat to his butt buddies at Duke.

Nothing's changed, he's still an idiot.

Sounds to me like the college basketball world hates this move. I would too when looking at it from a narrow perspective. As it's been repeated multiple times, there is a bigger picture here, and all critics refuse too look at it. The "too" is for emphasis :)

Vital is one who would know about greed; look at the fortune he has amassed; I'm sure he would be willing to lower his salary as a sign of making a statement against greed; not.:rolling:

JB always gives good sound bites; the guy's who need to worry about JB are not the fans but the ACC media.

:bat:

I've heard a few ACC presidents and AD's on Sirius over the past few days and they all sound like broken records saying the same thing... nothing earth shattering

Pretty hard to bash a guy integral to the founding of the conference whose message is that the "Big East" he came to love had passed long ago.
That's the point many are missing. Today's Big East is not the Big East SU helped create back in 79. When the Big East was formed there were only 2 schools playing D1 football, SU & BC. Since then the non-football schools have had way too much say on everything football related, and as many have said, this is all about football. If the current BE leadership does not see the writing and break away the non-football schools they are fools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom