JB and I seldom agree | Syracusefan.com

JB and I seldom agree

tbonezone

Living Legend
but this whole deal was egregious. i said day one the irish should have also brought football to the table to reap the rewards of BE basketball inclusion.irish hoops was DOA. now we instead blow up the best conference in college hoops to once again accomodate the moneymakers. sorry but money is not what college sports is 'sposed to be about. regional competition.there's a new concept.this whole ACC sell out sucks. and that's my opinion and maybe just maybe jb's. together at last bro.

One of the reasons that we have the best hoop conference is because we did what the ACC did with us. Louisville, Pitt, Nova, Cinn., Marquette, were not in the original Big East. We stole them from other conferences. When we stole Nova and Pitt I didn't hear one bit of complaining. By the way, those schools that joined us do so because they thought they could make more $$$

One of the reasons that we have the best hoop conference is because we did what the ACC did with us. Louisville, Pitt, Nova, Cinn., Marquette, were not in the original Big East. We stole them from other conferences. When we stole Nova and Pitt I didn't hear one bit of complaining. By the way, those schools that joined us do so because they thought they could make more $$$

Yep - can't have it both ways.

^this^

Yep, most ACC fans liked it better when the conference consisted of 9 teams and you could play a home and away series with every team in the conference. Unfortunately, money drove the first expansion and even bigger money is driving the second one. I know most of us hate it but the fact is that college sports are big business, and have been for some time now. We just didn't want to believe it. It's a matter of adapting in order to survive. The good news is that you are now in a very stable conference in which every team participates in both basketball and football. I told a friend of mine a few years ago that the Big East was potentially setting itself up for trouble by allowing half it's members to not participate in football. As much money as basketball brings in, football generates even more. I think the ACC will be very patient in adding two more teams in an attempt to lure ND and possibly Texas into the league. This would make the conference strong in both revenue sports and ensure stability in the future.

We also play some great lacrosse down here as does the 'Cuse so it will be fun to watch that as well!

...now we instead blow up the best conference in college hoops to once again accomodate the moneymakers. sorry but money is not what college sports is 'sposed to be about...this whole ACC sell out sucks. and that's my opinion and maybe just maybe jb's. together at last bro.

Mine too. If the BE stayed together, the future looked pretty bright with the addition of TCU and probable improving basketball and football teams. Really a shame a different future is being pursued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom