JB article on ESPN | Syracusefan.com

JB article on ESPN

Interesting quote from Bing in that article.

That was excellent.

surprised this hasnt been posted yet. Good read.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14330479

Really excellent read! Thx for the heads up!!

What I always say about JB is - everyone who *really* knows him well, on a personal level - LOVES him.
Juli, coaches, former players, etc. Bilas is a huge fan.

Coach K could have literally chosen ANYBODY to be his right-hand man for the National teams - he chose JB.

IF he was really such a dour, unlikable curmudgeon, would they all do that?

Something from ESPN that actually paints JB in a favorable/sympathetic light...how novel. Great read, thanks for posting.

Agreed! Probably because it took longer than 3 hours to research and write. ;)

Spend enough time learning about someone, and you'll discover that they're deeper and more complex than the surface indicates. JB is no different. Really enjoyed this fairly in-depth look.

He's the same guy he always has been and nothing will ever change that. That's admirable.

Good read.
Funny, that he goes on and on about Wegman's, as the only time I ever saw him outside the Dome during my four years was in a Wegman's parking lot.

Two issues with him from this:
• The bank teller that steals analogy... that's of no benefit to the bank President.
• He favors Pepsi over Coke. The heck? Is he contractually obligated or something?

Interesting quote from Bing in that article.

Yeah, that's gotta mean FEWER than three years, right? Anyone think THIS is it? I have to believe he wants at least one with Moyer and Battle and Chukwu.

Really excellent read! Thx for the heads up!!

What I always say about JB is - everyone who *really* knows him well, on a personal level - LOVES him.
Juli, coaches, former players, etc. Bilas is a huge fan.

Coach K could have literally chosen ANYBODY to be his right-hand man for the National teams - he chose JB.

IF he was really such a dour, unlikable curmudgeon, would they all do that?
I have always been the greatest jb fan, but almost every person would have it said about them that the people that like them, like them.

I have always been the greatest jb fan, but almost every person would have it said about them that the people that like them, like them.

Well, yes - thank you, Capt. Obvious.

My point was, they wouldn't like him in the first place, if he wasn't actualy likeable.
They're not all pretending, it's not the longest long con in history, that everybody pretends JB is actually cool to hang with, when he isn't.

Well, yes - thank you, Capt. Obvious.

My point was, they wouldn't like him in the first place, if he wasn't actualy likeable.
They're not all pretending, it's not the longest long con in history, that everybody pretends JB is actually cool to hang with, when he isn't.
Yeah, sure. But the fact remains that people who are very disliked have friends that see something different in them. It's how the little people are treated that shows true character.

He won't go anywhere warm or leave town at all because while Syracuse is playing, it doesn't seem right.

But that plan is for later. Now, he's not sure what to do with himself. While he's suspended, he can't go to games, can't meet with his coaches, can't talk to his team. He and Juli talked it over. They can't go on vacation because it would look weird to be playing golf in Florida while his team battled in Syracuse. So they're staying home. For 53 years, when Syracuse played basketball, Jim Boeheim was there. For 32 days, until Jan. 6, he won't be.