Jb could put 4 players out there... | Syracusefan.com

Jb could put 4 players out there...

20Plus

and some would defend him! They'd say it can be effective!

Grant earned his time and is not getting it.
Could have had 3 of CJ's mins.
3 of JS.
3 of one of the guards or both and slide James over to the two.
3 of Raks/or BMK

Pretty scary that against a team with just a couple of conference wins we have to play
MCW, BT,CJ, and James so much and grant, as good as he has played can't sniff court!

Jb says it is defense that decides who plays, well who's our best defensive forward?

Could have got 3 of CJ mins.
3 of JS.
3 of Raks/or BMK

Pretty scary that against a team with just a couple of conference wins we have to play
MCW, BT,CJ, and James so much ad grant as good as he is can't sniff court

Jb says it is defense that decides who plays well who's our best defensive forward?
Meh - I am not going to complain because Grant only got 7 minutes. CJ was great last night and I dont have a problem with him not coming out much.

Look there will be games this year where he gets minutes and games where he doesnt. Simple as that. If you thought he would see the minutes (or close to it) when James was out you are kidding yourself. He is also trying to get James minutes to get him back to where he was before he left.

Spot on. Kid deserves to play. He earned that right when he stepped up in James's absence. The crazy part for me is that we wouldn't even know that Grant could play if James didn't get suspended. And James wasn't exactly terrific yesterday. So frustrating. Can't imagine how Grant is feeling right now.

Can't disagree with the overall viewpoint on this.
Sometimes JB's decision-making on PT doesn't seem to add up.
Jerami Grant should not have his confidence shaken and simply resume his freshman position back on the bench.
Just have to find a way to get him more PT, regardless of JS being a senior. Doesn't seem logical, IMO. :noidea:

Meh - I am not going to complain because Grant only got 7 minutes. CJ was great last night and I dont have a problem with him not coming out much.

Look there will be games this year where he gets minutes and games where he doesnt. Simple as that. If you thought he would see the minutes (or close to it) when James was out you are kidding yourself. He is also trying to get James minutes to get him back to where he was before he left.

You would defend JB if he played 4 guys and kept grant on bench

Grant will get his mins.
Can someone please explain to me why he should go in at the five- especially against bigger more experiemced competition?
I just dont get how he's "earned" MCW/CJ/Brandon minutes with Southerland and eventually Coleman back.
I thinks hes really good, but c'mon, you'd sit Fair to get him mins?

You would defend JB if he played 4 guys and kept grant on bench
Not speaking for Marsh but I doubt if anyone is blindly defending JB just for the hell of it.
The man has forgotten more basketball in 5 minutes then anyone on this board has ever coached, so despite disagreeing with him you can still have faith in his decision-making.

Not speaking for Marsh but I doubt if anyone is blindly defending JB just for the hell of it.
The man has forgotten more basketball in 5 minutes then anyone on this board has ever coached, quote]

well, except for Igor & Blue Curtain

Spot on. Kid deserves to play. He earned that right when he stepped up in James's absence. The crazy part for me is that we wouldn't even know that Grant could play if James didn't get suspended. And James wasn't exactly terrific yesterday. So frustrating. Can't imagine how Grant is feeling right now.
First, the top priority was getting the win. By far. We just couldn't afford this loss. If people's feelings get hurt so be it. Get this win. This isn't some youth league where everyone is guaranteed to play. I'm pretty sure JB felt this was his best way to win, and he wasn't comfortable giving out developmental minutes. We got ourselves into a dog fight by getting behind early (while Grant was in there) and were facing a zone, not a recipe for big JG minutes.

Secondly, I don't understand why you thought Grant couldn't play. Were you blindsided by MCW too? If the SU/JB model is working well, you won't see major minutes out of the frosh.

I wish the situation had played out where we got a comfortable win, saw good and productive minutes from Cooney and Grant, saw sideline photos of DC2 running and jumping, and had a complete retraction from Bobby Davis. But we did get the win.

If Grant played, would we get extra credit for the win come seeding time? Like, 1.2 wins or something?
Ummm that is not the point the point is to get all your weapons sharpened!

The man has forgotten more basketball in 5 minutes then anyone on this board has ever coached, so despite disagreeing with him you can still have faith in his decision-making.

Absolutely. It really isnt about defending JB. CJ was great yesterday and I think it was more of JB wanting to give James more minutes to get him back to where he was. We have some massive games coming up and I for one want James back to as close as he was when he left.

As a senior, CJ is gonna play 40 minutes a game most nights next year. So where are the minutes for Grant gonna come from?

As a senior, CJ is gonna play 40 minutes a game most nights next year. So where are the minutes for Grant gonna come from?
assuming christmas doesnt come back wouldnt Grant and CJ start at the wings?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

He might not be right, but he's the BOSS :D BOSS is Double SOB spelled backwards.

JB - 0 PBR's
Marsh - too many to count

He can keep his 911 wins!

That, Marsh, is a truly funny response. Makes me think that its me who doesn't have perspective. Seriously.

Could have had 3 of CJ's mins.
3 of JS.
3 of Raks/or BMK

MCW, BT,CJ, and James so much and grant, as good as he has played can't sniff court!

Jb says it is defense that decides who plays, well who's our best defensive forward?

So you have JB running out 2 lineups that he has never played before to Grant 6 more minutes? I will never understand why fans care so much about mins played. Or why people think coaches should make sure players get their mins. By the way Duke lost at Maryland and SH is better than Maryland so its not like losing wasn't a possibility.

I think some people will attack JB regardless of what he does. He must win; everybody must play; let's mix in some man; run more plays for the bigs because they deserve more touches; etc. Every game must be prefect! Well no game is perfect but we won...life goes on

In case you haven't noticed, JB isn't thrilled about playing freshmen on the road. Grant hasn't really lit it up much on the road. His better performances have been at home. Cooney too.

Ummm that is not the point the point is to get all your weapons sharpened!
I'd rather get the win.

I'm all for getting Grant more time but I'm even more for getting JS more time. I'll leave all that to JB.