Jb could put 4 players out there... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jb could put 4 players out there...

I don't care if he sits the starting five and plays the walk ons all night. As long as we win. I trust his judgement 1000x more than the opinions of people on this board. I find it hard to believe people are bitching about this win.

Shu played all zone. JB said he was going JS vs zone.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Face reality blind JB defenders. He has NEVER been good at resting players and utilizing his bench. He isn't good at it just accept it. He's cost plenty of games and players confidence by not using his bench. The guards shouldn't have played 40 minutes either.

As the season goes on he uses his bench less and less that's just the way he is and it doesn't make sense. If you have good players they should play.

Face reality blind JB defenders. He has NEVER been good at resting players and utilizing his bench. He isn't good at it just accept it. He's cost plenty of games and players confidence by not using his bench. The guards shouldn't have played 40 minutes either.

As the season goes on he uses his bench less and less that's just the way he is and it doesn't make sense. If you have good players they should play.

Yet somehow it works.

I'm sure it doesn't make sense to you.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Yikes! I'm certainly no 'blind' JB defender, but making a comment about how many games he has cost us while at number 911 (wins) and counting, well, in all honesty, just can't be taken seriously. :noidea:

Grant stunk when he was out there last night, and we won the game. Relax.

Grant will his minutes provided he plays like he usually does. Last night was just a bad game for him. No big deal.

just... wow...

It's not like JB's substitutions are any surprise. I'd love to see Grant and Cooney get more minutes but they came to SU knowing (I assume) how JB subs, how he prefers experience. We know it. The players know it...and he's won a few games with this pattern.

just... wow...
Yes I know JB is perfect and can do no wrong. The guy has never been good at using his bench and everyone knows it. This comes up every single year.

This is a game grant could have played 20-25

If he didn't stink it up while he was in there, he might have.

Minutes are earned. I'm sure he knows that as he seems like a smart kid, from a basketball family, who "gets it".

I'm sure he'll have the chance to play 20-25 mpg quite a few times going forward. Last night, SH was in a zone which makes Southerland the better guy to have out there, Fair had 20 and 10 and we need him out there as much as possible, and uncharacteristically Grant was struggling big time while we dug ourselves an early hole.

Grant stunk when he was out there last night, and we won the game. Relax.

Grant will his minutes provided he plays like he usually does. Last night was just a bad game for him. No big deal.
They beat a bad team. Winning was no grand accomplishment. They should have blown that team out.

I've never been a big fan of the way JB uses his bench. There have been times, Dash Riley emergency tourney use, when a little more game development time might have helped.

I think he's gotten a lot better in recent years, and I don't blame him for generally favoring upperclassmen. He does seem to have a win today's game attitude rather than a worry about tomorrow approach. Can't argue about his success.

In case you haven't noticed, JB isn't thrilled about playing freshmen on the road. Grant hasn't really lit it up much on the road. His better performances have been at home. Cooney too.
In case you haven't noticed, JB isn't thrilled about playing freshmen on the road. Grant hasn't really lit it up much on the road. His better performances have been at home. Cooney too.
A

You do realize that SU won their only NC with two freshman being the main contributors right? That theory makes no sense. You play your best players regardless of what class they are in.

They should have blown that team out.

Grant's poor early performance was part of the reason that didn't happen.

I amazed by this post. It's syracuse.com level bad. It would be one thing if Grant played well while he was in and mysteriously sat the rest of the game. But he stunk.

Yes, SH is bad...all the more, making it a must win game...we were down most of the first half. When exactly should Grant have gotten all these minutes, and over who?

Fair had 20 and 10, and Southerland provided a much needed 3 point threat against their zone.

I know JB is flawless. He's a perfect coach and makes no mistakes. Holding the ball at the end of games for 30 seconds of the shot clock and letting a player go one on one is a thing of beauty. I'm sure you all get excited to see it at the end of games.

Grant's poor early performance was part of the reason that didn't happen.

I amazed by this post. It's syracuse.com level bad. It would be one thing if Grant played well while he was in and mysteriously sat the rest of the game. But he stunk.

Yes, SH is bad...all the more, making it a must win game...we were down most of the first half. When exactly should Grant have gotten all these minutes, and over who?

Fair had 20 and 10, and Southerland provided a much needed 3 point threat against their zone.

Oh really? JS played so well that he deserved all those minutes. JS was awesome last night at 4 -12 from the field. Also you can really judge a player in 7 minutes. I know JB can do no wrong and is always right

I know JB is flawless. He's a perfect coach and makes no mistakes. Holding the ball at the end of games for 30 seconds of the shot clock and letting a player go one on one is a thing of beauty. I'm sure you all get excited to see it at the end of games.

You're in here making the leap from talking about how the PT was split in yesterdays game to ranting about going one on one at the end of the shot clock? What? If you want to talk about the end of game management, why not start a thread on that?

Nobody said anything about any of that. Just pointing out why Grant didn't play a lot last night.

Pretty clear you came in here with your checklist of points you were ready to rant about regardless, because this reply right here makes absolutely zero sense.

Oh really? JS played so well that he deserved all those minutes. JS was awesome last night at 4 -12 from the field. Also you can really judge a player in 7 minutes. I know JB can do no wrong and is always right

Again, your so worked up that you can't even reply to what you read. I said the outside shooting threat of Southerland was needed against the zone...that's a pretty obvious point that anyone who's not dumb about basketball or foaming at the mouth mad would agree with.

Again, jumping to the "JB is always right" sarcastic crybaby stuff. Nobody said that. Not the point that anyone is making.

Pretty clear you came in here with your checklist of points you were ready to rant about regardless, because this reply right here makes absolutely zero sense.

Anglerman is the love child of Igor and Blue Curtain.

Don't get him started on the stupidity of JB's playing Scoop instead of MCW last season (which "everyone knows" JB did solely to keep MCW from going to the NBA after his freshman year).

Yes I know JB is perfect and can do no wrong. The guy has never been good at using his bench and everyone knows it. This comes up every single year.

Curious if you remember 2003 when Josh Pace got at least one DNP and several more games with limited minutes when Edelin joined the lineup. There was a great deal of consternation over that on here with many assuming Josh had been relegated to the bench for the rest of the season.

I think JG is going to have a few more big games for us this year,

I've been a board member for a long time and I think it would be more accurate to say: if JB could put 6 players out there, people on this board would still find a reason to complain about it.
Absolutely correct because there would be an argument who the 6 players should be.

Unreal. Stop watching if it bothers you so much. Root for Pitt, you can see 10 mediocre players get equal minutes instead of future NBA players play the whole game. Woo hoo

JB's forgotten more basketball than any of you clowns will ever know.

:eek:
Just had to throw that in there, because that is another one of my favorite all time lines. Pure. Gold. Jerry.

Anyway- Forcing our guards to play 40 mins a game each in games that are up and down will be no bueno. Even if Cooney gives 5 minutes, it could be the difference between a made/missed FT down the stretch due to tired legs. And yes, I am in the camp that believes JB has very off substitution patterns/use of his bench. I mean, the man starts centers for 2 minutes then they sit on the pine the other 38.

Grant will get more time (hopefully, because he's wasted sitting on the bench), but I am more concerned with our refusal to feed Rak the ball, as I've stated continuously. And no, using a "hey, we won" is a poor answer, imo, because this SHU team was 2-10 in the conference. They are horrible.

All of this is just my opinion/2 cents, not trying to start a flame war.

I just mailed NCAA headquarters a fake, suspiciously Shakespearean Southerland term paper. Up and at zem, Jeremy.

Mailed one for Keita, too!