JB Doghouse | Syracusefan.com

JB Doghouse

AJDavCuse

Walk On
After his comments about Rak last night not being able to help this team win, I'm trying to think what other past players have been in JBs doghouse for as long as Rak's 3 years (with no signs he won't be in it all four). Dion, MCW, Melo were guys he designated as not ready for their first year. Southerland took 2-3 years before JB felt like he was ready to contribute. I mean Rak has started since he was a frosh (granted he got the 30 second yank treatment) and three years later JB is still publicly dogging his game.

Past is no prologue to the future. I'm fearful the mind games that worked on some of these kids won't work on others, but JB thinks otherwise. Recall that the guy he now claims is the most important person to getting the team back on track wasn't even a starter to start the season and only became one due to DC going out. One has to wonder why the Coach wasn't starting a guy that was the difference in us being good vs not good (his words).

After his comments about Rak last night not being able to help this team win, I'm trying to think what other past players have been in JBs doghouse for as long as Rak's 3 years (with no signs he won't be in it all four). Dion, MCW, Melo were guys he designated as not ready for their first year. Southerland took 2-3 years before JB felt like he was ready to contribute. I mean Rak has started since he was a frosh (granted he got the 30 second yank treatment) and three years later JB is still publicly dogging his game.

Past is no prologue to the future. I'm fearful the mind games that worked on some of these kids won't work on others, but JB thinks otherwise. Recall that the guy he now claims is the most important person to getting the team back on track wasn't even a starter to start the season and only became one due to DC going out. One has to wonder why the Coach wasn't starting a guy that was the difference in us being good vs not good (his words).

I didn't hear the comments you are reacting to, but it seems logical that JB would adjust who the important pieces are on the team as it evolves. Saying (if he did say it) that Rak is the difference maker now doesn't mean he has been LeBron this whole time, it means that after losing DC and Grant and having Baye hobbled, Rak is now a difference maker. That seems pretty logical to me.

Who was the "even a dead man can get one rebound a game" directed to?

Who was the "even a dead man can get one rebound a game" directed to?

Most recently, Southerland. I think that was the 2011 game that Joseph sat out after he hit his head.

Rak's king of the house

I thought he was talking about Roberson, but I didn't see the whole presser and (here's a shocker) OAA hasn't put it up yet.

Rak's game left a lot to be desired last night and at UVA as well. I don't blame JB if he's frustrated with him. GT's Miller had the kind of game last night I keep expecting Rak to have night in and night out. When he kept hitting those baby hooks I thought he was doing it just to torture me. I love Rak. Love his potential. Love his athleticism. Love his size. Love his game face. But he has been playing soft lately (again) and spending a lot of time complaining to the refs. Rak has all the tools to put up AO or Rick Jackson type numbers. He should be a force underneath. Unfortunately his game reminds me more of Terrence Roberts instead. Maddening.

I read the phrase JB's mind games on this board a lot and I really don't get it. He's a coach. He yells at and benches players based on their performance. I'm ok with that. I doubt the players are that sensitive that they can't handle it. JB ripped CJ a new one during a time out last night. Guess what? CJ went back on the court and had one of the best games of his career. He wasn't starting Grant because he was trying to get DC2 going and he likes firepower off the bench. I know that flies in the face of some of the prevailing wisdom I read here, but yes, he was developing a player and his bench.

He said that about Roberson, not Roc.

Watch the presser, he said it about Rak. Other comments made about Roberson. Asked about 11 mins in about a statement he made around Pitt game that they wanted to go inside more to guys like Rak. Answer: we want to win, he was given chances, we cant give him any more chances if we want to win.

Freshman Hakim Warrick, and Demetrius Nicholas are also former members of Boeheim's dog house.

However, Mookie Watkins is keeper of the house

Not sure how I forgot about Harris. Mookie, Trob, Louie class was in it as a group their entire careers almost.

Watch the presser, he said it about Rak. Other comments made about Roberson. Asked about 11 mins in about a statement he made around Pitt game that they wanted to go inside more to guys like Rak. Answer: we want to win, he was given chances, we cant give him any more chances if we want to win.

JB needs to lay off Rak. I am happy Rak finally got pissed at him when he got the quick hook in the 2nd half when they went to the press. The kid plays hard and is leaps and bounds better the Kieta. The only thing holding Rak back is the mental state that Boeheim keeps him in. You can't play aggressive basketball constantly looking over your shoulder.

Paul Harris, Kueth Duany.

Those are the longest-tenured doghouse inhabitants I can remember.
Good ones. Also Allen Griffin. Ron Payton was another.

Elvir Ovcina and even a young Rony Siekley come to mind. He has always had his whipping boys for as long as I can remember.

scoop jardine was also in the dog house for a couple of years.

Hmm. Thought it was Forth.
JB doesnt throw guys who give a 110% under the bus.

especially one where the public isnt smart enough to know what they do off a box score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom