JB enjoying retirement | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

JB enjoying retirement

I thought that was Damone Brown and others seem to confirm that. But I’m drawing a blank about who’s on the far left. I know I’ve seen him in other pics recently.

Shump it up?

I can’t imagine working until I’m 50. I feel like I’ve been in the grind forever. Unfortunately I’ve got to make it to 62 - 65.
I tried retiring at 55 and got bored very fast.

I decided to shift gears, and learn a new profession. I’m know 57, doing taxes and retirement planning at my buddies CPA firm working 20 hours a week off season and 50 for 2.5 months

Keeps the mind active and cash flow positive.

Retirement is overrated

Last edited:

I decided to shift gears, and learn a new profession. I’m know 57, doing taxes and retirement planning at my buddies CPA firm working 20 hours a week off season and 50 for 2.5 months

Retirement is overrated

Like anything else, you have to be good at it. I'm very talented.

Retirement is overrated
To each their own. I've known plenty of people that stayed busy and kept their minds sharp without reporting to a boss and maintaining a required schedule. And I've know others that planned to keep working from their wheelchair after hitting the age you're required to start collecting your social security. Both are viable. It also sometimes depends on the career you're leaving. Some leave you physically incapable of continuing to work after a while.

JB's on the far side of the table on the right. I think Wildhack is the furthest right in the picture. Can anyone else recognize the others? (Keep left clicking until you get the big picture.)

JB's on the far side of the table on the right. I think Wildhack is the furthest right in the picture. Can anyone else recognize the others? (Keep left clicking until you get the big picture.)
Sandy is an agent and a big supporter of the program. He also reps a lot of SU alums in the media world. Tirico, Costas etc.

I heard that comment last night. He made me laugh at times.
Dusty and Danny thought JB was coming off the top rope.

It's true JB could say the same thing about SU. And he probably would.

I wish they wouldn't pair JB with a motormouth so he can hardly get a word in edgewise.
If Jay Williams said something similar about one of our guys, there would have been posts on this board mocking his near death...so...I get it the response from NC State fans.

That said...not that big of a deal.

For better or for worse, Jim being Jim

Yeah... Pretty benign comment all things considered...

I bet he gets an NCAA Tourney gig next year if he keeps his slate clean.

With his sporadic history of foot-in-mouth disease with the media when coaching, I bet CBS is gonna watch him for a year and make sure there are no major gaffs and that retired Jim is indeed the kindler/gentler version before they hire him...

That type of stuff is greatly overplayed. Once the ball is tipped not one player is going to think of it. And pregame if they need JBs words to get hyped instead of being hyped to still be playing, they’re already in trouble.

JB's done a great job of showing personality, being funny and pleasant, self-deprecating humor etc. I've been impressed. But people love to be outraged and the media loves to pedal garbage so this type of thing will happen. No big deal.

I'm confused with Boeheim's employment. I love to see him commentating games, I'm sure he enjoys it. As a diehard cuse fan, I enjoy hearing from him. But how does that work with his SU gig, whatever that really is? I haven't been falling boeheim post head coach so maybe I've just missed it. I assume he can both? If so, cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom