JB enjoying retirement | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB enjoying retirement

This is the happiest I’ve heard him since he won the championship.
the dude straight up dint know what he didn't know. Clearly has hit him that he is rich, famous, and has time to burn. If he had been able to see this would he have left sooner? Almost as soon as he was out he copped to the truth that we all knew and witnessed, that the Zone doesn't work full time in today's game. That was almost unbelievable for me to hear coming from him so soon... Sort of reinforces my thoughts that where there is smoke... there definitely is fire

I wonder if he just took last year to protect Red. Had to know we wouldn’t be very good. The pitchforks would have been out if that team was Red’s first.
Maybe, but I don't think so. There's no reason to think Red couldn't have remade the roster the way he has this offseason.

I wonder if he just took last year to protect Red. Had to know we wouldn’t be very good. The pitchforks would have been out if that team was Red’s first.
I think this was part of it. He was also terrified to retire and wanted to keep going. But he definitely wanted to leave Red a good team to start his career.

the dude straight up dint know what he didn't know. Clearly has hit him that he is rich, famous, and has time to burn. If he had been able to see this would he have left sooner? Almost as soon as he was out he copped to the truth that we all knew and witnessed, that the Zone doesn't work full time in today's game. That was almost unbelievable for me to hear coming from him so soon... Sort of reinforces my thoughts that where there is smoke... there definitely is fire

Just no. He’s saying what he is saying about the zone to help Red out. JB’s #1 thing is loyalty. He’s being loyal to his guy. He knows Red wants to move away from the zone and he knows Red is going to be compared to him for his first few seasons (at minimum) and so he is giving his guy some top cover. The exact move a savvy and loyal friend and mentor would do.

Just no. He’s saying what he is saying about the zone to help Red out. JB’s #1 thing is loyalty. He’s being loyal to his guy. He knows Red wants to move away from the zone and he knows Red is going to be compared to him for his first few seasons (at minimum) and so he is giving his guy some top cover. The exact move a savvy and loyal friend and mentor would do.

I'm sure there is belief within that from what he is saying too but agree much of it is as you say.

Excellent article
Jimmy just won't go away. It's funny. He's gonna miss the constant attention he got as HC of Syracuse.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict he coaches again (or is an assistant in the NBA). the guy loves the juice

I thought this was just a wonderful article about Boeheim. It soothed me. It made me feel happy for him. He has made peace with his departure, acknowledged its bumps, and acknowledged he wasn’t winning and it wasn’t acceptable. He is looking to the future. I wrote to Donna and thanked her for writing this.

Jimmy just won't go away. It's funny. He's gonna miss the constant attention he got as HC of Syracuse.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict he coaches again (or is an assistant in the NBA). the guy loves the juice
I think being an NBA scout would be a great gig for him.

Last edited:
Based on what measure?

And why in the world would he want that job at this point?

Let the man be retired for the love of Otto.
1. The under recruited kids who become stars at SU.
2 I never said he did. I said I thought he would be good at it.

3. JB said he is looking at adding some jobs, so lighten up, Francis.

Last edited:

I’ll take that bet.
No way JB takes a job coaching again unless it’s some sort of youth bball volunteer gig.I could see him helping out at a bball clinic or helping out the community, but nothing he has to put real time and effort in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom