JB Ethered Dion in the post game presser | Syracusefan.com

JB Ethered Dion in the post game presser

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
A must watch, called him out for 6-29 shooting the last three games, "Maybe If i say he is a good player he will make some shots." Says he has more confidence then the room but needs to start makign shots.

Yeah, JB, your team's poor shooting is confined to Waiters.

Personally, I'd be more worried about the horrid rebounding and the effort on loose balls

Gotta be careful not to lose the kid and have him check out mentally... we are going to need Neon Dion. Here is where he either steps up or steps out.

I have to say he did really harp on the boarding said its inexcusable, called out Christmas to.

Gotta be careful not to lose the kid and have him check out mentally... we are going to need Neon Dion. Here is where he either steps up or steps out.

Agree 100% hope he doesnt check out.

This is not smart of JB. Dion is liable to either lose confidence or fly off the handle.

Personally, I'd be more worried about the horrid rebounding and the effort on loose balls

He was answering a question about Dion's confidence.

...however, Dion needs to show some IQ and intensity...his shot selection on the clear out was very poor...maybe the clear out wasnt good...but then pass the ball off...dont take a one footed fade away...if anything his last 2-3 games have been disappointing

I thought Christmas played good D. Watched him almost every trip down. Light on the boards but good position D.

I thought KJo and CJs play on the backline deserved more of a beating than Dion.

Maybe he thinks Dion's early season success, "going to the NBA" talk, etc. was going to his head, and he needed to be brought back down to earth.
After coaching for more than 40 years, and interacting with Waiters every day, I don't think I'll second-guess JB's approach to player psychology.

I thought KJo and CJs play on the backline deserved more of a beating than Dion.

I thought Fair was awful on the glass, to be honest the past few games he has been MIA.

Xmas is a frosh. He's going to make freshman mistakes especially in light of the limited minutes he played before Fab's situation. Dion already has checked out, and he needs to land on his feet firmly on the ground. It's normal for SU teams to struggle when the expectations become large and especially when your best defensive player is out indefinitely (hopefully just 3 games).

Dion played like crap, and has played like crap for the past 3 games. He's talented and athletic, but lacks discipline and is an over-rated shooter. My question to JB is...if Dion has been playing so poorly lately, then why was the ball in his hands on that last SU possession of the game? Where was our senior leader Scoop?

Dion played like crap, and has played like crap for the past 3 games. He's talented and athletic, but lacks discipline and is an over-rated shooter. My question to JB is...if Dion has been playing so poorly lately, then why was the ball in his hands on that last SU possession of the game? Where was our senior leader Scoop?
Scoop no can shoot FTs. Close game foul scoop?

Not at all what he said. He lambasted all the shooting and rebounding, spent about 15 seconds on Dion. I'm pretty sure Dion's skin is a bit thicker.

Personally, I'd be equally worried about the shooting. It was atrocious.

This is not smart of JB. Dion is liable to either lose confidence or fly off the handle.

Really? Maybe Dion needs to grow a set and be able to take some criticism? Maybe they all need to grow thicker skin and rebound the damn ball?

I get so sick of people getting worried when JB calls out his players. They should be called out. They are playing like ass right now. He knows that our key stretch of the season is coming up and they have to buckle down. We are not going to keep winning these games where we shoot poorly and rebound poorly, not against teams like UConn, Louisville and GTown. They have to dig deep and find their games, and do it quick. JB is lighting a fire that needs to be lit. If Dion cowers or cries like some here suggest he might, then maybe he deserves to sit on the pine.

I think you'll see a different Dion next week. We better see a lot of different guys because St. John's is going to bring it. Harkless looked awesome today.

Dion had two field goals today and one was a transition dunk.

But this was poor team ball today outside of Scoop and Triches shooting.

CONTEXT people Listen to the whole presser. He said this in response to a question on Dion's confidence. Gotta have a little thicker skin in life than that anyway

Nonsense. If he can't handle candid comments by his coach, he doesn't have the maturity to play D1 ball at an elite, pressure filled level. And certainly forget the next level. JB challenged him. Now he has to respond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom