JB finally recaptures .750 threshold tonight if we win | Syracusefan.com

JB finally recaptures .750 threshold tonight if we win

RealSUFan

Walk On
Here's an added significance to the game tonight that has been flying under the radar. For the first time since January 2nd, 1997, Jim Boeheim's career winning percentage will be at least .750 (942/1256) if we win.

On that date 17 years ago, the team of Hart, Cipolla, Thomas, Hill, and Janulis went to play an away game at --of all places -- NOTRE DAME. Boeheim's career winning percentage before the game was .750765. We unfortunately lost that game 52-69, and JB's winning percentage dropped below 75%. We lost the next game too, at home vs. Boston College, and Boeheim has not gone back over 75% since.

Ever since that's happened, it's always bothered me when they show his winning percentage on TV. I've always wanted JB to get back to that symbolic 75% level. That's where he belongs. It just makes tonight all the more fitting that his chance to recapture his rightful place as a .750 career coach comes against the same team that took it from him.

Last edited:
At one time, didn't he have the highest winning percentage amongst active coaches? I feel like it may have been late 80's early 90's.

Here's an added significance to the game tonight that has been flying under the radar. For the first time since January 2nd, 1997, Jim Boeheim's career winning percentage will be at least .750 (942/1256) if we win.

On that date 17 years ago, the team of Hart, Cipolla, Thomas, Hill, and Janulis went to play an away game at --of all places -- NOTRE DAME. Boeheim's career winning percentage before the game was .750765. We unfortunately lost that game 52-69, and JB's winning percentage dropped below 75%. We lost the next game too, at home vs. Boston College, and Boeheim has not gone back over 75% since.

Ever since that's happened, it's always bothered me when they show his winning percentage on TV. I've always wanted JB to get back to that symbolic 75% level. That's where he belongs. It just makes tonight all the more fitting that his chance to recapture his rightful place as a .750 career coach comes against the same team that took it from him.

I don't know why, but I've felt the same way ever since that season.

Very cool. Good find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom