JB has always let them play | Syracusefan.com

JB has always let them play

kcsu

Living Legend
I have always had an issue with how JB treats large leads. Not always but more often than not im baffled at how he doesnt milk the clock letting the kids play. Not sure why but there have been many games in my opinion that we piss away as a result.

I have always had an issue with how JB treats large leads. Not always but more often than not im baffled at how he doesnt milk the clock letting the kids play. Not sure why but there have been many games in my opinion that we piss away as a result.

That's pretty random because one of the biggest complaints about JB is killing the clock too early.

JB's teams usually play to their strengths on offense, and the right guys take the most shots.

Not today. We were way too content to let VT take us out of what we wanted to do in the 2nd half.

You think he does NOT milk the clock? You've got it all wrong.
Really i know that he doesnt as a rule of thumb milk the clock. Just like he doesnt like to call a time out with little clock left and SU down with the ball. He lets them play always has always will

That's pretty random because one of the biggest complaints about JB is killing the clock too early.
It may be a complaint but if you know him and his coaching beliefs it isnt true

What?

Wouldn't milking the clock by letting them play not be milking the click?

dont you understand

I should've been more descriptive.

The second biggest knock on JB is how he takes the air out of the ball late.

Don't agree with this at all. We went cold in the second half TRYING to score. You think playing stall ball and rushing a shot in the last 10 seconds of the shot clock would have helped?

We had a 62-51 lead and they started fouling as soon as we inbounded the ball, eliminating any chance to milk, the clock. We had to make our free throws and we didn't, so the game got too close for comfort. This game had zero to do with JB's 'strategy' down the stretch.

the sky was yellow and the sun was blue

strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand

Im assuming the op means jb's strategy for the entire second half. What ill say to that is jb liked to attack and be aggressive against pressure defenses like va tech went in the second half. That leads to quicker shots. We just didnt execute well, same as against nova. Hopefully team can learn from this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom