JB has spoken | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

JB has spoken

I mean I will take the final four and have him leave that is fine I was just merely asking the question. A final four for Syracuse is a good exchange for a player like Richardson take that for our program and for the kid every time. Just wondering if he didn't have the second half he did against UVA would there be as much buzz around his name. I have to feel that is the moment he made up his mind.

seems like a good time to remind everyone of KaiserUEO's board rules or Commandment #1.

1. THE BOARD IS ALWAYS WRONG
Are you bringing back that omnipresent gimmick? I believe it was omnipotent, omnipresent, and I forget the 3rd one.

No one is making a decision based off what Chad Ford says.
EXCEPT, for all the fools here.

chad ford, random internet trolls opinions > JB thoughts on the subject

Well that's the beauty of the interwebs Kaiser. Were all experts.

JB was right, in my opinion. Chris Ford blowing air up his skirt may hurt him. We shall see. I hope he goes first round. I like Malachi's hair.

I have no problem with what JB said. He's earned the right and is plugged in. But he also doesn't have a fondness for Ford. But to say Ford is just blowing air up someone's skirt means he is bold faced lying because he is repeating what some NBA guys said in that one article. Things like Mali being a better shooter than the stats show because they feel he took a lot of bad shots and that can be corrected or that the NCAA's got their attention so they went back and looked at tapes and saw he was a player who could get their own shot, etc.

Now having said all that, I don't believe he'll go in the lottery but he'll go 1st round.

Are you bringing back that omnipresent gimmick? I believe it was omnipotent, omnipresent, and I forget the 3rd one.
Omniscient.

that's $600 for having me have to spell it out to you.

just covered that topic in another thread, but anywho...the Board Rules and/or Commandments, yes...are Omnipresent.

See I take it as Malachi RIchardson's opinion > JB thoughts on the subject.

I don't think the kid is ready to contribute in an NBA rotation but clearly the kid isn't a moron. So going off that opinion I think it is safe to say the NBA people Malachi talked with in Chicago and the fact he didn't play in the 5 vs. 5 games he is going first round.

Thus, if the kid goes first round JB should just not say anything on the subject but wish the kid good luck and thank him because the rest is just anger.

Dave85 said:
This is were you and I disagree. I think everyone's opinion should be respected even if we do not share it. But we live in age where opinions are considered facts equal to truth. And opinions we do not agree with are lies or "wrong".

Fair enough. To be clear, I think anyone who isn't JB, Richardson, or close enough to have all the info - is a person whose opinion is flawed. Not wrong or right - just uninformed.

I respect you - but this particular opinion, not so much.

See I take it as Malachi RIchardson's opinion > JB thoughts on the subject.

I don't think the kid is ready to contribute in an NBA rotation but clearly the kid isn't a moron. So going off that opinion I think it is safe to say the NBA people Malachi talked with in Chicago and the fact he didn't play in the 5 vs. 5 games he is going first round.

Thus, if the kid goes first round JB should just not say anything on the subject but wish the kid good luck and thank him because the rest is just anger.
the good news is now that Mal is a former player, we can rip his stoopid arse opinion & decision to shreds if we choose.

JB is saying he may go 1st round but he doesn't believe lottery and of the non lottery folk...60% of them end up in the DLeague.

where if they had stayed, they likely could've moved to lottery and avoided the embarrassment and anonymity of the DLeague.

seems like a smart statement to me.

Alsacs said:
JB said he believes kids who go in the 20s should return if they can move up. He also said "In the last few years, 15 to 30 picks, about 60 percent of those players end up in the D-League," What can't you infer? He said nobody knows whee is Malachi is going to end up. Why is it so hard to read his comments at frustration. JB talks like a fan. It is good for the media and because he is retiring soon he doesn't have to care but it doesn't mean people can't question it.

JB talks like a coach who cares about the player's future.

You're judging his opinion through your bias; assuming he's saying this out of a desire to see him back because it means more wins and not because he believes it's the best thing for the player.

two3zone said:
When was the last time JB make a nice comment when one of our guys left early?

Yesterday:

Boeheim said he doesn't believe any freshman can truly be ready for the NBA, but spoke highly of Richardson as a person and praised him for his contributions to SU's Final Four run last season.

This isn't accurate. OrangeDW had a post showing Richardson had 42% from 3 in ACC play. Outside of the St. John's stinker he was pretty really good.
42% from three against conference competition on 100+ attempts isn't exacty unheard of, but freshmen don't do it all that often. In the ACC, since 2010-11 only four freshman have done that. TWo are going to be drafted this season, one has played in the NBA already, and one is a slow-footed Turk who didn't replicate that feat in his sophomore year.
Tyler Ennis?
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyler Ennis could have used another year at SU

Jim Boeheim still doesn't support Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant's decision to enter the NBA Draft

People who think that JAB doesn't have anything to gain here and has an impartial objective opinion are misguided. He is among the most competitive people alive and knows having talent on the roster wins basketball games.
I'd rather see him play immediately in the big show so his chances of getting a second contract are greater. Don't you think that's a good thing? It just seems like a lot of guys never make it out of the D-league. It would be nice to have real numbers crunched on the number of players who succeed once they've been relegated to the minors.
It's a great thing, but how do you know he gets drafted higher next year and is a better player with another year in college by only practicing 20 hours per week and not getting paid to do so? Most guys never make it out of the D-league because they're not good enough. More college-level competition doesn't change that. As for the number of players who graduate from the D-league to the NBA, it's a new and evolving system. Teams are only now starting to take advantage of it.

Cameron Payne went lottery last year. T.J. Warren went lottery 2 years ago.

The NBA is full of stupid teams. While I wouldn't draft Malachi Richardson in the lottery the kid could go in the lottery.

JB talks like a coach who cares about the player's future.

You're judging his opinion through your bias; assuming he's saying this out of a desire to see him back because it means more wins and not because he believes it's the best thing for the player.
Go and read JB's comments when Ennis left. He was not talking like a coach who cared about the player's future. He was pissed the kid was leaving 1 year earlier than he anticipated.

I have no doubt JB cares about his players well being but the guy is an extremely competitive person who is reacting with emotion which is what fans do. His comments are stuff you would read on this board.

non lottery folk...60% of them end up in the DLeague. where if they had stayed, they likely could've moved to lottery and avoided the embarrassment and anonymity of the DLeague.
I think that players who actually done this, improved their stock to the lottery by staying an additional season, is not born out by actual drafts.

the good news is now that Mal is a former player, we can rip his stoopid arse opinion & decision to shreds if we choose.

JB is saying he may go 1st round but he doesn't believe lottery and of the non lottery folk...60% of them end up in the DLeague.

where if they had stayed, they likely could've moved to lottery and avoided the embarrassment and anonymity of the DLeague.

seems like a smart statement to me.
It seems like that to you. Which is fine. Again I thought Malachi should return but JB doesn't care anymore and says what he thinks.

When I am 70 I won't have the filter I have now in the my 30s. Again JB has a right to stay what he wants but it doesn't change the facts and it comes off like he is a poster on this board frustrated with Malachi's decision.

I don't think teams are stupid for draft players who don't turn out. They're just making informed guesses on players and trying to improve their teams. No team is 100% in the draft.

It seems like that to you. Which is fine. Again I thought Malachi should return but JB doesn't care anymore and says what he thinks.

When I am 70 I won't have the filter I have now in the my 30s. Again JB has a right to stay what he wants but it doesn't change the facts and it comes off like he is a poster on this board frustrated with Malachi's decision.
he is.

he said so.

he basically said...stay and you will be lottery and thus make a lot more and wont have to deal with being a DLeaguer.

sounds to me like hes looking out for the kid.

of course he is pissed his 50 years worth of connections, having told him something different than what ford thinks...is being ignored by someone he cares about.

For every Buddy Hield who stays and improves their stock there is a Terrance Morris who could have left and been a lottery pick and stayed and went down.
Jared Sullinger went down by staying an extra year.
Joakim Noah went down by staying an extra year.
Perry Jones went down by staying an extra year.

It happens both ways.

42% from three against conference competition on 100+ attempts isn't exacty unheard of, but freshmen don't do it all that often. In the ACC, since 2010-11 only four freshman have done that. TWo are going to be drafted this season, one has played in the NBA already, and one is a slow-footed Turk who didn't replicate that feat in his sophomore year.

Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyler Ennis could have used another year at SU

Jim Boeheim still doesn't support Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant's decision to enter the NBA Draft

People who think that JAB doesn't have anything to gain here and has an impartial objective opinion are misguided. He is among the most competitive people alive and knows having talent on the roster wins basketball games.

It's a great thing, but how do you know he gets drafted higher next year and is a better player with another year in college by only practicing 20 hours per week and not getting paid to do so? Most guys never make it out of the D-league because they're not good enough. More college-level competition doesn't change that. As for the number of players who graduate from the D-league to the NBA, it's a new and evolving system. Teams are only now starting to take advantage of it.

The interesting piece of data mining would be showing the relationship to total career earnings versus to the two approaches. It would be nice to have a data or factual driven opinion. It seems like this could be studied at this point because there are a pretty good number of data points.

The interesting piece of data mining would be showing the relationship to total career earnings versus to the two approaches. It would be nice to have a data or factual driven opinion. It seems like this could be studied at this point because there are a pretty good number of data points.

It may be easier to look at upperclassmen and how they fare.

I have no problem with what JB said. He's earned the right and is plugged in. But he also doesn't have a fondness for Ford. But to say Ford is just blowing air up someone's skirt means he is bold faced lying because he is repeating what some NBA guys said in that one article. Things like Mali being a better shooter than the stats show because they feel he took a lot of bad shots and that can be corrected or that the NCAA's got their attention so they went back and looked at tapes and saw he was a player who could get their own shot, etc.

Now having said all that, I don't believe he'll go in the lottery but he'll go 1st round.

How do you explain Ford as the only one blowing air? It would have been nice if the other draft projections agreed with his predictions. I just hope at this point Mal does not get disappointed. As fan, I am thoroughly thankful for him getting us to a Final Four. I just wish him all the best at this point. But I have to admit, I am worried even before JB's comments.

It may be easier to look at upperclassmen and how they fare.

I have no opinion on the data. Let the data speak for itself. But blanket opinions on entering the draft early versus staying in school could be qualified to overall total career earning success. That piece of factual information, as opposed to emotionally driven opinions, might be very useful to a young man making a difficult decision.

How do you explain Ford as the only one blowing air? It would have been nice if the other draft projections agreed with his predictions. I just hope at this point Mal does not get disappointed. As fan, I am thoroughly thankful for him getting us to a Final Four. I just wish him all the best at this point. But I have to admit, I am worried even before JB's comments.

He was at the combine and talked with nba guys. maybe another person talked to other nba people. where he has mali going is his opinion only. but he's basing on what he heard. call it an informed opinion. if you think he's JUST blowing smoke, then you have to say he is lying in his article when talking about what nba people were telling him about mali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom