JB: I thought both teams shot the ball extremely well. They made a couple at the end and we missed a couple at the end. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB: I thought both teams shot the ball extremely well. They made a couple at the end and we missed a couple at the end.

I can't be the only one to that saw how the game was going to end from a mile away. Especially when we were up 3 and then Marek had the dumb foul and we let up another 3. Multiple times throughout the game I said to myself, we're gonna lose. It was very obvious to anyone with any experience watching Syracuse basketball.

Nah. They just shot good. Nothing we could do. Ball goes in, ball goes out.

The trend is undeniable. How many times are we going to get rained on before we realize that our zone makes ordinary shooters into superstars. Kids are way too good at spotting up for shots. Something has to change. Last night was the latest installment of our recurring nightmare.

Save the insults. You wouldn't say that in front of me. Don't get bold behind your laptop. Neither team could make a stop in the first half. They came out better defensively in the second. SU had a run and then Baylor had a run then ultimately put it out of reach while SU couldn't buy a basket largely due to dead legs.

Wow you've got thin skin! He's right, btw...Baylor got better shots all night long! Our defense was atrocious. Battle was non existent on the offensive side. It was just another example of this season.

That's exactly what happened. The team that went cold was going to lose. Syracuse happened to go cold at the worst time.
I feel like we write this scenario too much lately.

JB channeling Bellicheat?

"They scored more points. That won them the game. We needed to score more points than they did."

Belichick would never let his team off the hook after a loss with a quote like that. In fact Belichick and JB’s coaching and leadership styles couldn’t be more different.

Looked like we ran out of gas to me.

Baylor's looks got better as our defense waned... And our shots clanking off front of rim.

We went cold because we were spent.
And I haven’t seen one post crediting Scott Drew and Baylor for winning the game.

They had an excellent strategy in beating the zone and finding open shots all day. His players played very hard and executed well.

Drew is a very good and extremely underrated basketball coach.

Not all shits are created equally. We seem to create looks with a much higher degree of difficulty than our opponents do.

And I haven’t seen one post crediting Scott Drew and Baylor for winning the game.

They had an excellent strategy in beating the zone and finding open shots all day. His players played very hard and executed well.

Drew is a very good and extremely underrated basketball coach.

Little digression, but does anybody remember the running joke on here 6 or 7 years ago where people would say that Drew is dirty and an overrated coach and one poster would just get totally incensed about that and defend him?

Those were fun times.

I read somewhere that Baylor shot the highest percentage of any team in the country against zones. We should have known we would get torched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom