JB: "I'm pretty much ready to go play golf somewhere" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB: "I'm pretty much ready to go play golf somewhere"

ok thanks, that clears it up. For now....

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Didn't Jake say recently that it would be a turbulent offseason?

This actually sounds like the end is near.

I agree. He sounds like he's certainly given up on this season, and if Mike is serious about leaving and gets the USC offer, maybe Jim will step down to ensure the continuity.

I made the same observation a couple of weeks ago and was roundly criticized as a "Know-nothing". And to those that follow the NBA draft predictions and believe them, I guess I am. But though happenstance I have been to two NBA games in the past few weeks watching the generally hapless Washington Wizards up close.

I now really can't see MCW in the NBA.

He was stripped of the ball 4 times in the first 5 minutes of the game. NBA guards would eat him alive.

I have a feeling it may become obvious to him that he isn't ready. If it looks like he slips to the 2nd round do you think he comes back?

That is beyond uncalled for.

Dude, we only scored 39 points on national TV in the last game in the history of the Big East at Georgetown. We got completely smoked, and frankly it looks like this season is over.

I have a feeling it may become obvious to him that he isn't ready. If it looks like he slips to the 2nd round do you think he comes back?

I sure don't know. It depends on a couple of things including how much he likes going to class and how well he is doing academically.

I can see the potential. But he needs to get stronger and thicker and to add some things to his game. He could certainly improve his draft stock.

But then we have the matter of the "Bathrobe Caper". How mature is MCW really? How good is his judgement? We don't know and its possible that his judgement isn't very good.

People who pay attention to the NBA talk about teams drafting potential and not immediate production.

If Markel Starks, who won't get a sniff from the NBA, is taking the ball away from him, I shudder to think what the average NBA guard would do to him.

Dude, we only scored 39 points on national TV in the last game in the history of the Big East at Georgetown. We got completely smoked, and frankly it looks like this season is over.
Agreed, if you can't get motivated for this game...

Well, the golf comment was said in the context of a discussion of the Big East. He said he were 40 it might bother him but he's been around long enough so he can just go play golf. Hey, he does that every chance he gets anyway.
The interesting thing to me that I haven't seen anyone comment on was what he had to say about todays game.
Summary---we played good defense for most of the game and poor offense, which was my fault.
People have been wanting him to take responsibility and he did. But part of that statement, I'm quite sure, was to take some of the load off the players who shot so badly and who he admitted had lost some confidence in their offense.
As for being disinterested, JB is never disintereted in basketball. He even talked about looking forward to NYC.

No Sherlock, who knew. That's not really the point.

Win as a team, lose as a team. It's not one guys fault they scored 39.

I haven't expected this team to win a game in the post season for a while now. Bad seasons happen. There are a lot of contributing reasons as to why this season is going the way it is. As many are off court as on.

Agree. It's two guys fault
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No Sherlock, who knew. That's not really the point.

I haven't expected this team to win a game in the post season for a while now. Bad seasons happen. There are a lot of contributing reasons as to why this season is going the way it is. As many are off court as on.
Be nice! This is the bball board where hugs and pats on the back are given out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom