JB is live on TBS pre-game studio show... | Syracusefan.com

JB is live on TBS pre-game studio show...

Like all his other spots during these ncaas, he did a great job. The national media loves him. That’s about the 7th or 8th time he’s been on tv. No other coach is close. He’s a great and insightful interview.

Like all his other spots during these ncaas, he did a great job. The national media loves him. That’s about the 7th or 8th time he’s been on tv. No other coach is close. He’s a great and insightful interview.

I really hope JB continues to do these national spots. For as much as a curmodgeon as he can be in other circumstances, he’s a refreshing interview on this stage. Really like it.

Great, let's hope all this positive exposure finally starts landing us some recruits. If that happens, I will get excited.

I dont care as much about what the media thinks, as I do about what recruits think. I kind of wish we had the media to blame, but obviously we no longer have even that.

Great, let's hope all this positive exposure finally starts landing us some recruits. If that happens, I will get excited.

I dont care as much about what the media thinks, as I do about what recruits think. I kind of wish we had the media to blame, but obviously we no longer have even that.

Jesus. Can you enjoy anything.

Jesus. Can you enjoy anything.
Unending, pervasive, and relentless negativity is literally crushing the spirit of this board.
You'd think we were DePaul or something, not a team that clawed their way to a Sweet 16 this past season.
Our fanbase continues to regress w/ its over-inflated sense of entitlement, and alarming loss of perspective. Sad.
JMHO

Unending, pervasive, and relentless negativity is literally crushing the spirit of this board.
You'd think we were DePaul or something, not a team that clawed their way to a Sweet 16 this past season.
Our fanbase continues to regress w/ its over-inflated sense of entitlement, and alarming loss of perspective. Sad.
JMHO
I said it in another thread earlier. We can’t be eternal optimists and the staff and team isn’t immune to criticism but this board is either getting upset about things that haven’t happened, or finding good things to put negative slants on. Oh by the way 3 days ago people were thinking national championship.

If Bazley didn’t decommit all this rhetoric would be about how excited we are for next year. So instead we transgress back to negativity

Kids don't watch TV

JMHO
You can add to that list the regular trashing of the coaches, the schemes and sometimes the players as posters strike out after a loss or losses because they are frustrated. The lash out like spoiled children who have been denied something they want and justify it because they have a right to do so.

Strange things happen...but I've never heard a kid yet say, "I saw the coach on tv before the championship game and decided to reject all other offers and go play for him."

Boeheim is a welcome guest because he speaks his mind and has a sense of humor (yes, I did really say that).
He delivers good, honest takes.
But it took him a while to get to this stage.

For years he was considered a jerk...for being aloof, a complainer and even nasty and for things such as not returning with the team after getting knocked out of the tournament (1980) and knocking over the chair after the '84 Big East final.
It used to be if you mentioned his name the response would be something like, "Ugh."
Probably spent a good 20 years with that reputation and it was largely his own doing.

As he's matured he's changed and mellowed a bit.
He's probably better off for it and so are the team and the Syracuse reputation.
The Olympic appearances also helped boost his stature.
Now he's appreciated.

And, contrary to a lot of opinions, national sports media people don't hate him and aren't anti-Syracuse.
Just as he speaks his mind, they speak theirs.
Plus they often need to toss in some schtick
Sometimes it's good for the Orange and sometimes not.
Some people only want to hear the good stuff and draw erroneous conclusions when they don't.

Now it's on to next season and another Final Four.
After all, we're due.
It's been two seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom