JB is live on TBS pre-game studio show... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB is live on TBS pre-game studio show...

Unending, pervasive, and relentless negativity is literally crushing the spirit of this board.
You'd think we were DePaul or something, not a team that clawed their way to a Sweet 16 this past season.
Our fanbase continues to regress w/ its over-inflated sense of entitlement, and alarming loss of perspective. Sad.
JMHO

This is pretty much spot on and summed up perfectly.

This board gets depressing to read at times. I mean I read a post yesterday by someone who was complaining that we would not win with enough style next year. They are tired of winning close games and they expect blowouts.

Unending, pervasive, and relentless negativity is literally crushing the spirit of this board.
You'd think we were DePaul or something, not a team that clawed their way to a Sweet 16 this past season.
Our fanbase continues to regress w/ its over-inflated sense of entitlement, and alarming loss of perspective. Sad.
JMHO
Great post. I've got to say, lately I've been to the point where I've stopped spending as much time on the board. Mainly, because of the description you've so aptly provided, especially the 1st sentence.

While we've basically been put on a national pedestal for the past 3 weeks, internally we've got people who will exploit any crack in the most negative light possible, repeatedly. I believe this is brought on, primarily, by sentence #3.

Great post. I've got to say, lately I've been to the point where I've stopped spending as much time on the board. Mainly, because of the description you've so aptly provided, especially the 1st sentence.

While we've basically been put on a national pedestal for the past 3 weeks, internally we've got people who will exploit any crack in the most negative light possible, repeatedly. I believe this is brought on, primarily, by sentence #3.
Well put.

I get that some people prefer to focus on the negative and expect to see that on a board like this, but it's the repetitive nature of some of these posts that is truly remarkable.

JMHO
yup ... the ncaa hammered the program w/ sanctions designed to cripple, but in 2 of the 3 seasons jb nonetheless put together a 7-2 ncaat record with trips to the 2nd & 3rd weekends. really a remarkable stand in the face of adversity. you'd think the entire fanbase would be cheering the accomplishment . . .

Last edited:
I get that some people prefer to focus on the negative and expect to see that on a board like this, but it's the repetitive nature of some of these posts that is truly remarkable.
You must be reading my mind, however dangerous.
There are a few posters that have said the same thing so many times and so many ways that those points could just be labeled 1,2,3,etc.
Then they could save time by just posting the needed number instead of wasting time with more redundant verbage.
And remarkable is a very gentlemanly way of expressing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom