JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

Idk, I’m not going to pretend I know what it’s like to be a power 6 coach, and I’m not going to pretend I understand how difficult turning a program around is.
That's irrelevant. This is about Jim. If Jim can't see that he's no longer a viable coach for Syracuse Basketball then someone needs to step in and make it abundantly clear.

Whether Boeheim stays or goes...it's wrong to treat him, fans and the university this way.
SU makes itself look like Chaos University.

At the very least the administration could have told him let's get together on it after the season.
So today he could have said we're going to talk things over
Which would hve been a reasonable and relatively classy position for everyone to take.

John is the one that needs to go. Bad hire from the start.
This isn’t getting talked about enough. I’m also pretty sure he hasn’t hired a single person that wasn’t in house out of the 7 new head coaches he has hired since being here. An alumna or assistant under the previous HC has gotten every job thus far

It is possible that JB and JW agreed to discuss after the final game. I think the expectation that we all should know at the post game press conference is unrealistic. If he is retiring and Red is getting the head coaching job, then it should be announced properly at a press conference in Syracuse.

The fact that you and I don't know yet does not mean that JB is selfish or that JW is incompetent It just means we are inpatient. Let's see what happens over the next few days before we decide which names we want to call our coach and AD.

Whether Boeheim stays or goes...it's wrong to treat him, fans and the university this way.

At the very least the administration could have told him let's get together on it after the season.
Which would hve been a reasonable and relatively classy position for everyone to take.
Makes their basketball program look chaotic. Non college basketball fans probably don’t see this as much more than sports people getting worked over how rich people handle their business

They have to clarify now. When ESPN says breaking news about this whole situation and they're thinking he's retiring, you have to say something. Wait, I forgot who we're dealing with!

This is on Jim and Jim only at this point

This is the opposite of you can't fire me I quit

It is possible that JB and JW agreed to discuss after the final game. I think the expectation that we all should know at the post game press conference is unrealistic. If he is retiring and Red is getting the head coaching job, then it should be announced properly at a press conference in Syracuse.

The fact that you and I don't know yet does not mean that JB is selfish or that JW is incompetent It just means we are inpatient. Let's see what happens over the next few days before we decide which names we want to call our coach and AD.
Then say something like I haven’t thought about it, or those discussions will happen over the next few days. He is the one that put his foot in mouth.

I don’t think he cares about the money. Maybe this has something to do with his pride?

I think he just loves coaching basketball and doesn’t want to stop.

Everyone is treating this like some selfish, prideful thing. Why can’t it be that he just wants to coach basketball?

People are acting like he has to admit he can’t coach anymore like it’s some objective fact. They’re acting like confidence in your own abilities is a character flaw.

This isn’t getting talked about enough. I’m also pretty sure he hasn’t hired a single person that wasn’t in house out of the 7 new head coaches he has hired since being here. An alumna or assistant under the previous HC has gotten every job thus far
100% His picks so far have been low risk safety picks. Hasn't really swung for the fences at all, just bunts

Hoosiers.jpg

Everyone is treating this like some selfish, prideful thing. Why can’t it be that he just wants to coach basketball?

People are acting like he has to admit he can’t coach anymore like it’s some objective fact. They’re acting like confidence in your own abilities is a character flaw.

This is about how he has decided to conduct himself in the public eye around this issue. Why is this awful embarrassing and confusing presser ok?

Stop excusing this crap. There are a million things in life we all want to do, but everyone has to make tough decisions in life for yourself and others. It is 100% selfish on Jim's part.

If he gave his retirement speech last Saturday wish him well in his retirement, thank him profusely for all that's he done for the University and move forward.

JW should call his bluff and put out a statement that JB will longer be the coach at SU next year and wish him well in his retirement. That’s all that needs to say.
I agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom