JB not retiring | Syracusefan.com

JB not retiring

OmahaCuse

Starter
Hopkins move tells me JB not retiring as planned. Will have to drag him off court. Jay Wright would be able to recruit unbelievable at SU and get away from a mid major conference

Hopkins move tells me JB not retiring as planned. Will have to drag him off court. Jay Wright would be able to recruit unbelievable at SU and get away from a mid major conference

Have you considered Boeheim actually is retiring, that Hopkins was told he no longer holds the inside track he once had, and JB told him to take the best offer that comes his way?

can we plase stop with the jay Wright stuff. he has a lifetime job with Nova. He isn't leaving. I think he has been to one sweet 16 in 6 or 7 years. The bloom would come off that rose very quickly here.

Could be they removed coach in waiting but that would seem strange unless the new AD has different ideas. Possible for sure. Personally I like Jay Wright and the way his teams play. A lot easier to recruit at SU but lots of good options. Like the way Kansas transitioned from Williams hope we have a similar experience.

Jay Wright 8 years ago would have been a great choice. He's too established at Nova, and the Big East has stabilized as a quality conference. He isn't going anywhere.

Jay Wright 8 years ago would have been a great choice. He's too established at Nova, and the Big East has stabilized as a quality conference. He isn't going anywhere.

^^This^^

Jim is still at the top of his game, all the negatives are now cleared away and he will put the program to an even higher level.

Jim is still at the top of his game, all the negatives are now cleared away and he will put the program to an even higher level.
Hopkins was a negative?
Are you talking about sanctions/probation? That's not over. And JB was in charge when they came about.
Will have to drag him off the court. After having to wheel him onto it.

Hopkins was a negative?
Are you talking about sanctions/probation? That's not over. And JB was in charge when they came about.

Will have to drag him off the court. After having to wheel him onto it.
IMO the coach in waiting agreement/JB retiring was a bigger problem than the sanctions. But, the sanctions are almost over now too.

IMO the coach in waiting agreement/JB retiring was a bigger problem than the sanctions. But, the sanctions are almost over now too.

No chance in hell Wildhack lets Boeheim coach as long as he wants to, imo.

Not sure why people keep saying he wants to coach his kid. With all due respect to Buddy, he is not a high level acc caliber player. What am I missing?

4yrs to get to 1000 wins, and coach his son's SU career? So retirement date set for 2021?

Bingo. If Buddy has a chance to essentially walk on, this will be Boeheim's additional thirst to compete over the next several years. The 1000 "wins" means a lot too.

He has weathered the storm from the sanctions and even attended a Final Four during that time. Get another few recruits with a new message and he could end his career very nicely. Point is he wants to go out on HIS terms and us doing everything he can to make sure that happens.

The coach-in-waiting contract was a bigger problem than restricted off-campus recruiting, reduced scholarships, a post-season ban, 5 years probation, and a 9 game suspension of the HC? Are you really making that argument?

If he is staying past next season they better announce that fact soon. The only thing worse for recruiting than a coach you know is leaving without a replacement in place is a coaching situation that's entirely up in the air.

The coach-in-waiting contract was a bigger problem than restricted off-campus recruiting, reduced scholarships, a post-season ban, 5 years probation, and a 9 game suspension of the HC? Are you really making that argument?
If Chukwu and DCII didn't get hurt, the Orange would have made the field of 68 and still be playing now and in the 16. So how much has recruiting suffered. The other situation was like a self inflicted wound that created an unnecessary conflict. But let me add, so no one else has to take the time and effort to do it, I am dumb.

If Chukwu and DCII didn't get hurt, the Orange would have made the field of 68 and still be playing now and in the 16. So how much has recruiting suffered. The other situation was like a self inflicted wound that created an unnecessary conflict. But let me add, so no one else has to take the time and effort to do it, I am dumb.
Don't get down on yourself - any name-calling would have been deleted anyway. :)

I'm still not on board with Hop situation>sanctions. That's why I was trying to understand what you were saying. Agree to disagree.

If Boeheim was retiring, today's 1pm announcement would have definitely been televised !

Jb would never upstage the Ncaa tournament, but when he does, it will be huge breaking news all over the sports outlets.

Trippin'! Who would leave the Main Line for Crouse Ave.

I guess we have JB until 2022, tells me he never wanted to retire. Again, they will have to drag him off the court.

Will I get my hand slapped just for liking this post?

That was very funny couscuse. Well played sir.