JB on TV | Syracusefan.com

JB on TV

I think that's a little bit deceptive, right? Boeheim is working for ACCN - most of that content is on ESPN, but the CW stuff is just the ACCN distributing its content there. So I don't think he's actually under a contract with a third media outlet, I think he's just going to be visible on a third network for the work he was already doing.

My guess is that he'll be doing one Saturday ACC game a week as a color commentator, and then be in studio in Bristol on Tuesdays. Somewhere in there he'll tape some halftime segments ACCN can use on other broadcasts.

The Westwood One deal appears to only be for NCAA tourney games.

My big question is how is he getting to Bristol every week. We may have to get a scout on the Thruway and watch those Labquest private jet flights again.

Pretty fun schedule, actually. Probably fly into wherever the game is Friday, take in a practice or shootaround, talk to the coaches, then a round of golf if the weather allows, nice dinner, wake up the next day and do the game and fly home... Fly to Bristol Tuesday, talk about basketball and watch the games, fly back.

Since he's such a basketball junkie (I'll never cease to be impressed with the way he could randomly rattle off stats about small conference teams he wasn't even going to play), I imagine he'll be the one of the most well prepared color commentators in the business.

If only we could pretend we were in the Big East again and toss him in there with McDonough, Raftery, and Bilas for a Syracuse/UConn or Syracuse/Georgetown Big Monday game. That'd be A+ basketball analysis and A+ banter.

He’s not doing a game. He’s doing a halftime segment that he’s already taped.

Wow, suprised he's doing this vs studio work. Must have really wanted to get out of the house
My understanding is he will be doing a mix of both but yes, he must not mind the travel

Our hope against FSU is they can get beat off the dribble, but they are tall and soooooo long.

Jim was great .. and a real natural in the analyst role. They don't need three people in the booth when he is there. I especially enjoyed him talking about Roger Ayers (sp?). I didn't realize coaches might have that close a relationship with refs.

Interesting comment comparing Cadeau to Jimmy Black. The other two jumped on him, implying that the viewing audience would not recognize a guy who played at UNC 40+ years ago. Except a Jimmy Black highlight is played every year--he made the assist to Michael Jordan on the championship-winning shot vs. Georgetown.

Or, maybe I'm just old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom