JB Presser before UNCG | Syracusefan.com

JB Presser before UNCG

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Boeheim about to speak before SU plays UNC Greensboro tomorrow. Updates incoming.

Boeheim: UNC Greensboro should be a five or six seed (they're an eight).

Boeheim: They shoot the ball, probably better than anyone we've seen, at 39 percent from the 3-point line.

Boeheim: To me, they're one of the best teams we've played in a long time.

Boeheim: The players aren't going to talk because they don't have the scouting report.

Boeheim says NIT chair told him they knew a week ago that 'Cuse wasn't going to NCAA, but would be in the NIT

Boeheim: For the last 8 to 10 years there's been a criteria that you need a strong non-conference schedule. That was not enforced.

Boeheim: Wake Forest should be in the tournament, but... we finished ahead of them in the league and we had more top 10 wins and beat them.

Boeheim: They can beat us. I would not be shocked. We're going to have to play well.

Boeheim said regular season conference champs should get automatic qualifier but won't happen. "Conference tournaments make money."

Last edited:
Boeheim about to speak before SU plays UNC Greensboro tomorrow. Updates incoming.

Boeheim: They shoot the ball, probably better than anyone we've seen, at 39 percent from the 3-point line.

Boeheim: The players aren't going to talk because they don't have the scouting report.

Boeheim says NIT chair told him they knew a week ago that 'Cuse wasn't going to NCAA, but would be in the NIT

Boeheim: For the last 8 to 10 years there's been a criteria that you need a strong non-conference schedule. That was not enforced.
Bet Jerry Palm got the same inside scoop. That's why he was so over-the-top Cuse not even in consideration. He had inside info.

What that means is all this hand-wringing over VCU, Rhode Island, USC, etc... didn't matter. We were out and it wasn't even a debate. Almost sounds like we needed to beat Miami and UNC to have changed their minds.

What that means is all this hand-wringing over VCU, Rhode Island, USC, etc... didn't matter. We were out and it wasn't even a debate. Almost sounds like we needed to beat Miami and UNC to have changed their minds.

If we beat Miami, we could have survived Rhode Island. We would not have made it past two or more bid stealers.

Bet Jerry Palm got the same inside scoop. That's why he was so over-the-top Cuse not even in consideration. He had inside info.

It's information like this, combined with the often horrible refereeing, combined with the completely arbitrary way the NCAA deals with some programs vs. others that makes me want to not care about this whole stupid sport.

Why does it have to be a conspiracy? We were a mediocre team with an RPI in the mid-80s. Those kinds of teams get left out of the tournament every year. If the NIT guy told Boeheim they'd be in the NIT, it's because the odds were pretty darn good that we would be. Win the GT away game, he probably doesn't make that comment to Boeheim.

2-11 sucks but I have no doubt we'd slap half the field as is. It's toilet paper charmin ultra soft.

Jimmy starts another fire storm...alright. I bet Syverud has a countdown clock in his office.

stirring-the-pot-kvzkts.jpg

2-11 sucks but I have no doubt we'd slap half the field as is. It's toilet paper charmin ultra soft.

We lost 5 out of our last 7, don't know why that would indicate we'd slap half the field. There are many reasons we're not in, we can say whatever we want about USC and Wake but in all reality there are some things that just say NO to Cuse.

What a mess! There is no way anyone knew we were going to the NIT a week ago. That was before the loss to Miami; that line of thinking is just stupid. Maybe we needed to win another game or even two, but they didn't know whether we would or wouldn't win those games until Wednesday last week at 2:00 p.m. To say other wise sounds like sour grapes.

"They had it in for us!"

I have every reason to believe JB.

I think Barkley nailed it. The committee took a lot of *** last year for putting us in - and they didn't want to do it again.

Either way - we gave the committee reason to leave us out, so can't be mad at anyone!

What a mess! There is no way anyone knew we were going to the NIT a week ago. That was before the loss to Miami; that line of thinking is just stupid. Maybe we needed to win another game or even two, but they didn't know whether we would or wouldn't win those games until Wednesday last week at 2:00 p.m. To say other wise sounds like sour grapes.

"They had it in for us!"
eh I could totally see them deciding on us after the @ l'vlle blowout and barring a big run in the acct - that's right when Palm decided we were out no matter what as well

Boeheim: Wake Forest should be in the tournament, but... we finished ahead of them in the league and we had more top 10 wins and beat them.

Boeheim: They can beat us. I would not be shocked. We're going to have to play well.

Boeheim said regular season conference champs should get automatic qualifier but won't happen. "Conference tournaments make money."

If they're one of the best teams we've played in a long time and we finished the year losing 5 out of 7 then it's obvious that we don't belong.

One gripe I have about JB is he does give kudos to garbage teams saying that a team is great or even good when they're trash.

"They had it in for us!"

Saying there is no way is simply inaccurate. People love to talk, especially when it's something thought to be juicy or sensational, and secretive. How do you know there's no way? Maybe, the "very good friend of 30 plus years" that JB has known and spoke so highly of from an integrity standpoint ("he wouldn't tell a lie to save his own life"comment) has a very good friend on the NCAA committee or close to it?

These people all run in the same circles. It was only last year that the "leaked" bracket came out. One easily wouldn't thought prior to that no way anything like that would ever occur, no? It's not outside the realm that the NIT chair got word from a good friend himself, etc. that said to him that unless Syracuse does some damage in the ACC tourney, they're out due to their poor 2-11 road/neutral record.

anyone know if Greensboro came in today?