JB Presser before UNCG | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB Presser before UNCG

Why does it have to be a conspiracy? We were a mediocre team with an RPI in the mid-80s. Those kinds of teams get left out of the tournament every year. If the NIT guy told Boeheim they'd be in the NIT, it's because the odds were pretty darn good that we would be. Win the GT away game, he probably doesn't make that comment to Boeheim.
The NCAA comm didn't meet until friday. No way anyone with any authority about anything should have made a comment like that.

If they're one of the best teams we've played in a long time and we finished the year losing 5 out of 7 then it's obvious that we don't belong.

One gripe I have about JB is he does give kudos to garbage teams saying that a team is great or even good when they're trash.
Serious? It's called coach speak. "I can't believe what I am seeing on film".

The NCAA comm didn't meet until friday. No way anyone with any authority about anything should have made a comment like that.

The quesiton is: was that an opinion by the NCAA guy or was he saying it had already been decided?

There is no need to talk up UNCG at this point -- just say whatever everyone is thinking, we are going to whoop them by 30 points because we missed the real tournament and want to take it out on someone. And their city adds no value. None. Bad!

Boeheim: To me, they're one of the best teams we've played in a long time.
So they're better than Miami? Louisville, Duke? I'm sorry, but statements like this are why I put almost zero stock into any JB "one of the best (blank) in a long time/we've ever had" quote. It's his go-to line. Coach speak is one thing, but he's always taken it further than most.

So they're better than Miami? Louisville, Duke? I'm sorry, but statements like this are why I put almost zero stock into any JB "one of the best (blank) in a long time/we've ever had" quote. It's his go-to line. Coach speak is one thing, but he's always taken it further than most.

"Probably the best team in their league" that's one of my favs

"Probably the best team in their league" that's one of my favs

I wish I was able to sit up in 311 to have a real fan experience with him then hit up Applebee's after for a couple of two for one tall cold ones, just so much better priced than dave and busters. His avatar should be hanging from the rafters at the dome.

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a debacle on the court. They're going to light us up. Did he say he hasn't talked to the players yet? What's he been doing? Complaining to various media outlets/TV shows/podcasts? Are they preparing for the game or what? What's going on?

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a debacle on the court. They're going to light us up. Did he say he hasn't talked to the players yet? What's he been doing? Complaining to various media outlets/TV shows/podcasts? Are they preparing for the game or what? What's going on?
Wouldn't the head coach in waiting be responsible for much of those things.

I am with you. I have a bad feeling. As far as getting ready...he's a figure head...the assistants do all the heavy lifting.

It's information like this, combined with the often horrible refereeing, combined with the completely arbitrary way the NCAA deals with some programs vs. others that makes me want to not care about this whole stupid sport.
Honestly I agree with you completely. No one will convince me there isn't an agenda in one way, shape or form. Is it just a Boeheim agenda? or a Cuse one? Makes me dislike the sport I used to love

I am with you. I have a bad feeling. As far as getting ready...he's a figure head...the assistants do all the heavy lifting.

For sure. But no way K, Izzo, etc., haven't spoken to the team by then to get them ready at least via simple communication/encouragement if they are in our shoes, IMO.

Honestly I agree with you completely. No one will convince me there isn't an agenda in one way, shape or form. Is it just a Boeheim agenda? or a Cuse one? Makes me dislike the sport I used to love

You have to play the game boys...you may not like the politics but its part of the deal. Its true in almost all walks of like as well. Some coaches get it and never seem to have problems even though people claim they are dirty.

If they're one of the best teams we've played in a long time and we finished the year losing 5 out of 7 then it's obvious that we don't belong.

One gripe I have about JB is he does give kudos to garbage teams saying that a team is great or even good when they're trash.

Is losing 5 out of 7 so awful? USC's last win against a team with a winning record was in what month????

Is losing 5 out of 7 so awful? USC's last win against a team with a winning record was in what month????

My comment has zero to do with USC, the bubble, or the tournament. What I'm saying is what he said is a flat out lie. If UNCG is one of the best teams we've played recently and we've gone 2-5 in our last 7 then it sounds like he's already making an excuse for an L or just trying to hype this game up to a good one. UNCG is trash and they're not even close to one of the better teams we've played recently and I don't see any reason for JB to even say what he said.