JB vs Roy | Syracusefan.com

JB vs Roy

Orangezoo

In the wind
Hopefully this thread doesnt end up nuked since its unclear the rules anymore..anyways

If I remember correctly roy only has beaten JB once right? 3-1 or 4-1 vs royboy?

I didn't see the Wendy's thread until after it was nuked. But I'll give you a little guidance... If an off-topic thread involves smearing peanut butter on female body parts, it probably will not have a very long shelf life. (As best as I can tell, that -- along with a thread asking why it was deleted -- was the only thread that was deleted tonight).

Last edited:
I saw the first couple of posts and then it was gone. Also watched the ongoing heated thread about saturdays game. Simply just a casual reference to not getting what the ultimate what is ok vs what is not. Seems to be inconsistent. Sorry for the passive aggressive approach. Given the many threads around former posters, difference in preferences of posters and then some of the heated stuff today as well as off topic stuff its a bit frustrating. Also understanding what represents a good opposing fan vs not . Im sure I will get railed for this post and that is fine.

3-1

3/24/96 60-57

3/18/01 58-87

4/7/03 81-78

11/20/09 87-71

JB's won 3 of 4 but has still been out-scored by 7 points.

That one was the massacre with cole and celuck.. I remember that one.. ew.

Yes, it was a second round NCAA game in Dayton. It was seriously ugly. I remember two things about that weekend. 1) Beating Hawaii in the previous game for JB's 600th win and ... 2) Seeing Billy Celuck at the front desk of the hotel, barefoot and wearing what looked like underwear, because he had left his room without his key. Where was he going dressed like that? Who knows.

Last edited:
Yes, it was a second round NCAA game in Dayton. It was seriously ugly. I remember two things about that weekend. 1) In the previous game, we beat Hawaii for JB's 600th win and ... 2) Seeing Billy Celuck at the front desk of the hotel, barefoot and wearing what looked like underwear, because he had left his room without his key. Where was he going dressed like that? Who knows.
to your room?

I remember watching that game with some of billys old schoolmates ( younger ones that is) billys hs team was a rival of ours for soccer and I played aau soccer with some of the kids from VV who went to school with him. Of course much like gmac if you were a standout athlete in nepa everybody knew it. Billy was like 180 lbs wet.

But as to roy vs jb... that one stinker is replaced by 3 times jb outcoached roy. The KU game in 96 I will always remember being shocked we were dumping mighty KU. Of course then was 03 and then the closer than it really was thrashing of unc at msg.

cto said:
Yes, it was a second round NCAA game in Dayton. It was seriously ugly. I remember two things about that weekend. 1) Beating Hawaii in the previous game for JB's 600th win and ... 2) Seeing Billy Celuck at the front desk of the hotel, barefoot and wearing what looked like underwear, because he had left his room without his key. Where was he going dressed like that? Who knows.
The only person to have more behind the scenes info on the team besides you has to be JB. You are either very lucky or blessed.

I didn't see the Wendy's thread until after it was nuked. But I'll give you a little guidance... If an off-topic thread involves smearing peanut butter on female body parts, it probably will not have a very long shelf life. (As best as I can tell, that -- along with a thread asking why it was deleted -- was the only thread that was deleted tonight).

Is smearing peanut butter on male body parts okay?

I kid. I think JB beat Roy in 2003...:eek:

peter-pan-and-wendy.jpg

just sayin'...

After? Does that mean there is some elephant graveyard of deleted threads? I have to say I'd be pretty interested in reading through some of them.

peanut butter and female body parts . . . . . my bad timing I suppose.

JB has done well against Roy no doubt about it. Roy's teams struggle when they are forced to play a lot of half court on either end IMO.

After? Does that mean there is some elephant graveyard of deleted threads? I have to say I'd be pretty interested in reading through some of them.
That's the real payside. Unfortunately Tristan is the only one who can afford it and he can't even pay Bees enough money to get reinstated.

The thing that I remember most about that 2001 game is really unrelated to the game. I think the board was affiliated with Sc o u t back then and the front page had the last opponent and score of the last game as a news item of some sort. That score stayed up there for what seemed like 10 years before we either played again or someone finally had the good sense to nuke it. Bugged the crap out of me at the time.

Roy's team was favored In all four games, and in the one he did win, I could have have coached Kansas to victory.

Gooden Collison Chenowith vs Bill Celuck. LOL.

Don't feel bad CTO, at least you can see them after they're nuked, I didn't get to see the Wendy's thread at all! :-( Was the body and PB in the OP? If so, I guess it would necessitate the nuking of the entire thread.

What were folks saying about Wendy's anyhow? I dont get this board's obsession with burgers.

I like peanut butter, and wouldnt doubt the opacity to match or beat some other things we've seen on here, but if there was a dog on the edge of the picture, it makes tbone's nutella a bit sketchy.

As for JB vs Roy, I'm not sure what more I can add to stay on topic... I've likely seen all 4 games, but only remember one.

That might have been the worst performance of a JB team in a big game that I can remember - that and a clubbing by Seton Hall in a BET championship. Ugly...

Hopefully this thread doesnt end up nuked since its unclear the rules anymore..anyways

If I remember correctly roy only has beaten JB once right? 3-1 or 4-1 vs royboy?
Just here to point out "unclear" is an anagram of "nuclear" for which "nuked" is a colloquialism, and that 4:1 is the typical ratio of nuclear size to cytoplasmic size in certain blood cells in their blast (early) phase. There was something else that referenced the color orange - which I intended to tie to SU basketball to bring this full circle - but I had several drinks over lunch and can't recall said reference.

Well its far from on par with your scientific analysis but if I recall, cytoplasm is often colored orange on models and in textbooks. Im going back 16 yrs to remember that one but anyways that gets you back to orange. A nucleus being represented as circular can represent the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom