Jb was right | Syracusefan.com

Jb was right

He said that after the first 5 games of the season.

Field Goal attempts.
First 5 games we lost by 3-6.

Last 2 games - Against Wisky we had 3 more.
Today we had 7 more as we shot 8 more ft's.
Cuse 24-63
Gtown 25-52

50% shooting for Gtown they are a very good shooting team did the same thing to Maryland and Duke.

Last edited:
They are a good shooting team, but we gave them way too many 2nd chance points.

They are a good shooting team, but we gave them way too many 2nd chance points.

We could give them 25 more 2nd chance opportunities,
If we get 7 more fg attempts then them after freethrow differential.

50% to 37% really was the difference today.

Last edited:
well JB built this team after all . fact . i'd suppose it's shortcomings are a direct result of his poor planning no ?

It's amazing how few on here seem to listen to JB.

If the absolute wisdom of his comment isn't clear to everybody yet, just hold on. It will be undeniable in a few weeks.

Maybe JB can listen to some of us and play Coleman and Howard as part of a regular rotation. If he tries to play MR on the wing and TL in the middle of that zone for 35 minutes a night (as he did against Wisc) then we're gonna be hosting a tournament game in March.

Maybe JB can listen to some of us and play Coleman and Howard as part of a regular rotation. If he tries to play MR on the wing and TL in the middle of that zone for 35 minutes a night (as he did against Wisc) then we're gonna be hosting a tournament game in March.

JB has 900+ wins

bpo57 has 0 wins. But has an opinion.

No offense, but are you suggesting he listen to you?

JB has 900+ wins

bpo57 has 0 wins. But has an opinion.

No offense, but are you suggesting he listen to you?

C'mon--there is nothing being suggested by bpo that isn't realistically in the best interests of the team maximizing its potential. We needed a backcourt reserve to emerge--and Howard appears to be making a move toward being that guy. And we need Coleman to play--certainly more than he was allowed to against Wisconsin.

Swayjin say close down message board. No longer argue. Must obey elders. Woo?

C'mon--there is nothing being suggested by bpo that isn't realistically in the best interests of the team maximizing its potential. We needed a backcourt reserve to emerge--and Howard appears to be making a move toward being that guy. And we need Coleman to play--certainly more than he was allowed to against Wisconsin.

You listen to who you think are credible sources and I'll listen to the one's I think are.

All you guys are doing is sitting in your den watching and when something doesn't work, you say "Oh, he should have tried something else. Something else must be what's needed because what we used didn't work".

Howard will play more when he's ready to play more ... unless he has to be pressed into action.

You listen to who you think are credible sources and I'll listen to the one's I think are.

All you guys are doing is sitting in your den watching and when something doesn't work, you say "Oh, he should have tried something else. Something else must be what's needed because what we used didn't work".

Howard will play more when he's ready to play more ... unless he has to be pressed into action.

There's some truth in that. But there's also the notion in your posts that people are infallible.

False. JB didn't coach tonight.

I'm sitting in my den discussion what's best strategically for the long term development of the team, not bitching about what our head coach did or didn't do.

False. JB didn't coach tonight.

I'm sitting in my den discussion what's best strategically for the long term development of the team, not bitching about what our head coach did or didn't do.

Oh sure. Our temporary HC just headed of in a new direction by himself.

We've been down this road before. This business about you or anyone else strategizing the development of the team across the arc of the season don't fly. That's what you do in the off-season and in the pre-season. In the season, the idea is to play a game at a time and win a game at a time.

Coleman, is being brought along slowly because he has not played in such a long time. (I know this because that's what JB said)

I don't begrudge you guys having fun and playing General manager. But, please, don't expect to be taken seriously.

There's some truth in that. But there's also the notion in your posts that people are infallible.

No. The notion in my post is that that JB in company just have to be smarter than the would-be HCs on here.

Oh sure. Our temporary HC just headed of in a new direction by himself.

We've been down this road before. This business about you or anyone else strategizing the development of the team across the arc of the season don't fly. That's what you do in the off-season and in the pre-season. In the season, the idea is to play a game at a time and win a game at a time.

Coleman, is being brought along slowly because he has not played in such a long time. (I know this because that's what JB said)

I don't begrudge you guys having fun and playing General manager. But, please, don't expect to be taken seriously.

I know Otto Porter is the best all around player in Big East history because JB said that.

Bringing someone along slowly doesn't seem to jive with winning a game at a time, and JB plays to win every game because he said that...just sayin'

I think this sort of reaction is the correct one more times than not, and people do need to realize that most times emotions get in the way of logic such as this. That said, everyone has weaknesses and I don't believe that JB has fared well the past ten years adjusting to the constantly changing modern landscape. His is a tremendous body of work, far more talented at his craft than anything I will ever do... BUT, I feel he has lost touch with keeping a flow to his roster. He has a great eye for talent, he has a great sense of what he wants in his recruits, and I think he is great at developing players. Yet am I surprised that every year we seem to find ourselves faced with an uphill battle, and relying on a freshman to play beyond his years and expectations for us to have a chance at a deep run? Not really. I can appreciate JB while still being ready for Hop.

Seriously, you guys ought to print out JB's comment about "If we don't hit our outside shots, this team can't beat anybody. A n y b o d y. A N Y BO D Y!

And there's no combination of players on the floor or on the bench that is going to change that.

Jim Calhoun had it right against Wisconsin. JB's assessment was that we weren't going to have many possessions so it was critical that we have the best offensive players on the floor.

As far as hosting a tourney game in March, I'd say that was very likely. We lost to Wisc, which isn't a very good team and got beaten rather badly by GU which is better.

I know Otto Porter is the best all around player in Big East history because JB said that.

Bringing someone along slowly doesn't seem to jive with winning a game at a time, and JB plays to win every game because he said that...just sayin'

Try and get it right. That's not what JB said about Otto Porter. That's inaccurate. He said he was the best player in the BE at that point in time.

And bringing player along slowly is not at odds with winning a game at a time. Think about it. You play him until he hurts you, than you sit him down.

Seriously, you guys ought to print out JB's comment about "If we don't hit our outside shots, this team can't beat anybody. A n y b o d y. A N Y BO D Y!

Like I said that was said in the Uconn game.
At that point in the season we had played 4 cupcakes undersized ones at that. Its not that we lost on the boards, its not about averages of rebounds steals offensive boards and blocks.

Its we were getting less shot attempts then all those teams after you factor in 2 freethrows as one shot attempt.

If you don't get more fg attempts then your opponents and shoot worse you lose its common sense not rocket science. Coach understands that better then us all.

Some of you guys need to adjust your thinking. You have to clear your mind of the illusion created in the Bahamas. This edition of the SU team is very badly flawed. We have next to nothing inside. We can't score inside and we can't rebound. And Lydon is in there because he helps us on offense.

We made that GU kid Hays look like Lew Alcindor in there. And there's a whole bunch of other big guys that are going to have career games against us this year.

It's a compressed version of 2013 when the fact that the emporer had no actual clothes on was made clear by an awful BC team in the Dome.

And some of you guys are worried about getting Howard more minutes or DC more minutes?

Try and get it right. That's not what JB said about Otto Porter. That's inaccurate. He said he was the best player in the BE at that point in time.

And bringing player along slowly is not at odds with winning a game at a time. Think about it. You play him until he hurts you, than you sit him down.

"I think he's the best all around player I've seen in this league," Boeheim said. "I don't think I've seen a better all around player."

"There's been so many great players, but centers, power forwards, point guards, two guards, but I don't think I've seen a better small forward in this league. He's just a complete player."

“Yeah, I think so. Carmelo played three and four and he was the best scorer. I’m talking about a guys that’s really a multi-purpose guy, the best all-around, not necessarily the best player."

"He’s the kind of player that is most valuable in the NBA today. To me, I’d take him the first pick, that’s the kind of guy you need to have up there, he does everything and he’s going to get better, I think.”

I guess that's what he said...if you don't really listen to what JB says. You should try and get it right before telling people to try and get it right. lol

I know - I just think with some of this it's just Coach-speak in pressers. They rationalize at times. I'm sure JB knows we can beat somebody when we shoot bad. Like, Binghamton. We could Binghamton without making a three. :)

We can't score inside and we can't rebound. And Lydon is in there because he helps us on offense.

Believe it or not we had more 2nd chance opportunities then Gtown today. we had 16 offensive boards they had 14.
I still wonder if Obokoh could have helped some in the middle against wisconsin and gtown.

Believe it or not we had more 2nd chance opportunities then Gtown today. we had 16 offensive boards they had 14.
I still wonder if Obokoh could have helped some in the middle against wisconsin and gtown.

No. God no.

coach is a tough guy who isn't afraid to really make a bold statement. I agree with 99% of what he says but things change throughout the season.

We shot 35% against wisconsin and barely lost the game at the fouline in OT. That's not even near shooting good, and they are more then a anybody.
Meanwhile we also were outrebounded 51 to 25 heck grab 3-4 more we probably win on that alone. And that was very doable.

I will always give you a like for trusting 100% in the coaches words though townie :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom