JB will be on Axeman at 4PM | Syracusefan.com

JB will be on Axeman at 4PM

SWC75

Bored Historian
You can't stop him. You can only hope to contain him!:confused:

JB has given some really good interviews to the national media the last day or two. Any chance he's got some pent up local media hate waiting to be unleashed. Would be great if Axe could open with at least one or two stupid questions to give JB a reason.

JB has given some really good interviews to the national media the last day or two. Any chance he's got some pent up local media hate waiting to be unleashed. Would be great if Axe could open with at least one or two stupid questions to give JB a reason.

JB likes Axe now. He'll treat him well today. Not to mention ,Axe won't ask any hard hitting questions anyways

JB likes Axe now. He'll treat him well today. Not to mention ,Axe won't ask any hard hitting questions anyways

He says he's going to ask if the ACC jump will make JB retire.

He seems to have his talking points down. He keeps saying this is not the BE we started in. We are not leaving the nice 10-12 team league we started in. We are leaving a mess of a conference.

Also said we already have had discussions with Georgetown about setting up a series moving forward.

JB: ACC move will have "zero percent" impact on retirement decision.

Jim said that the people in Greensboro are mad at him and he didn't say anything bad. "Ask 10 people in North Carolina if they'd rather be in NYC or Greensboro and the only one who would want to be in Greenboro is the mayor. If they are going to be mad at me for that they will be mad at Jim Boeheim for the rest of his ACC career. I don't care where the tournament is. I'll be spending most of my time at the arena and the hotel and then just go home anyway."

"We're not leaving the Big East we were a member of when it was founded is no longer there. This is nothing new in college ahtletics. This has been going on for 50 years. We are leaving a 17 team Big East conferecne with teams in Texas or Wisconsin. A couple of people who criticized this are people who could have saved the Big East- Notre Dame by joing it for football, those who voted against the TV package. The Chancellor and the Board of Trustess make these decisions - I make decisons about who to recruit. If we were elaving the old Big East I would be upset. I would be upset if we were leaving a 10-12 team conference. The fans that go to the game want to see good games. SU-Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, Maryland- those will be great games. What abut the other sports- lacrosse, soccer, volleyball. This is an East Coast conference. This will help our recruiting"

He told Brent that "We never lost that recruit you said we lost three weeks ago. I can't mention the name of the recruit but we didn't lose him."

"We are going to a great basketball conference. All the moves in theast 20 years have been driven by football. When Mike was commissioner, he was all about football. If we were going to a bad basketball conference, I'd be upset but this is a great basketball conferecne. These are all short short trips. This has shortened the travel time."

Brent noted that Dr. Gross will try to retain some of the old relationships. JB: " What was our biggest game before the Big East? St. Bonaventure. We could play Georgetown the same number of times as we are going to play them this year anyway."

Brent asked about style of play. JB: "Very similar. Duke is physical man to man like PItt. UNC runs more than some teams. Florida State is man to man. It's college basketball."

JB said that Marinatto's threat to hold SU and Pitt to the 27th month ruile is a "ploy. What good would it do to keep Syracuse for another year? They will want to move new school into the conference."

Brent asked Jim if he'll ever coach in the ACC. JB: "This move will have zero % input into my decision to reitre. If I could go less than zero I will. Actually, Brent, you will have more input into my decision to retire than this will."

The interview will be on their podcast before the afternon is over: http://www.espnradio1260.com/showdj.asp?DJID=44208

Great job by JAB.

He said all the right things.
Go Orange!

"When Mike was commissioner, he was all about football."

When JB said this, Axe's next question should have been, "What color is the sky in your world, Jim?"

When JB said this, Axe's next question should have been, "What color is the sky in your world, Jim?"

Really. Mikey T wasn't anything about football until John Swofford knocked on his door back in 2003. That was the wake up call that came too late. Up to that point, I don't think he truly gave a damn about football. Who knows? Maybe MT was stroking the football schools with a lot of talk that made it seem like he was all about football.

What was this in reference to?

He told Brent that "We never lost that recruit you said we lost three weeks ago. I can't mention the name of the recruit but we didn't lose him."

I wonder if he's talking about dc2?

What was this in reference to?

I'm sure jerami Grant

Nice shot at Mikey by JB. A well deserved shot too.

I wonder if he's talking about dc2?

Axe said today they were talking about Grant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom