JBA Redshirt Season Diet | Syracusefan.com

JBA Redshirt Season Diet

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
I dig it, especially the whole milk straight out of the container like a boss. Dare I say “proper dedication”. I’ve heard first-hand from someone around the program that he’s shown promise in practice & just needs to add weight.
I’m bullish on the tandem of him & Edwards going forward, though I’m going to be really disappointed if Edwards has more DNPs than not in ACC play because if so, what was the point?

2645468F-82AE-43A4-AFFB-67B5CD9F8720.png

I remember seeing an article about that swimmer Michael Phelps sat down with an interviewer at a diner and ordered each side of the menu.

And this article had an example of his daily menu:
Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelette. One bowl of grain. Three slices of French toast topped. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.
Lunch: One pound of pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread, plus energy drinks that supply him with another 1,000 calories.
Dinner: One pound of pasta, an entire pizza and even more energy drinks.

JBA should be eating a jar of peanut butter a day.

It doesn't matter where the calories come from in his case. Just get them.

A glass of milk washing down a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before bed should be the move every night.

I remember seeing an article about that swimmer Michael Phelps sat down with an interviewer at a diner and ordered each side of the menu.

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelette. One bowl of grain. Three slices of French toast topped. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.
Lunch: One pound of pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread, plus energy drinks that supply him with another 1,000 calories.

That's in the middle of his training sessions, and there is no way that JBA would be able to burn the number of calories that Phelps did in order to stay lean. Heck, he'd be straight up fat if he tried this one. But he and Marek could split this menu and get themselves somewhere close to what they should be...

Loved Dakish's comment about how JB wishes Marek was 220. We all do.

One must account for the “munchie” factor with Phelps as well lol

A glass of milk washing down a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before bed should be the move every night.
Exactly. I’m involved with youth sports & young athletes & see so many parents wasting money on expensive “weight gainers” when this would most often do the trick.

Exactly. I’m involved with youth sports & young athletes & see so many parents wasting money on expensive “weight gainers” when this would most often do the trick.

Weight gainers have a place as additional "easy to consume" calories but you are not wrong. It's easier to drink calories than eat them in my experience, which is why some choose to go that route. Drinking calories is also a big reason why so much of this country is obese (looking at you, soda).

Last edited:

So long as this doesn't turn into a Jameel Dumas situation...

So long as this doesn't turn into a Jameel Dumas situation...
Not familiar with him but I am assuming that is someone who blew up the wrong way

I’m bullish on the tandem of him & Edwards going forward, though I’m going to be really disappointed if Edwards has more DNPs than not in ACC play because if so, what was the point?

I guess in theory there is a high likelihood that we will need Edwards for some games, even as a third center behind Marek, particularly given Sidibe's propensity to foul. And in theory, Edwards could redshirt NEXT year with both Marek and Bourama back giving us 2 RS Soph centers for three years starting in 2021-22.

I would have gone with the oreos but nutter butters aren't bad.

I think it's because Nutter Butters have some trace amounts of protein, vs 100% sugar/carbs like Oreos.

That said, I'm #TeamOreo 144%!!!!
Sleeve of those and a tall glass of fresh, cold whole milk = WINNING!!!

Double whoppers with cheese, large fries and large shake to wash down at 11pm daily. Ugh

That's in the middle of his training sessions, and there is no way that JBA would be able to burn the number of calories that Phelps did in order to stay lean. Heck, he'd be straight up fat if he tried this one. But he and Marek could split this menu and get themselves somewhere close to what they should be...

Loved Dakish's comment about how JB wishes Marek was 220. We all do.
I'd settle for 200 at this point.

That’s not enough especially since the players burn so many calories in practice and training.

That’s not enough especially since the players burn so many calories in practice and training.
Not sure who you are talking to, but compared to Michael Phelps? Yeah, I'm going with the greatest US Olympian on this one.

Do we have cases within our basketball program where guys get significantly bigger and stronger? I know we do in football (now).

I find it difficult to believe that it is ALL on Marek Dolezaj that he can’t put a single ounce on his body frame.

Do we have cases within our basketball program where guys get significantly bigger and stronger? I know we do in football (now).

I find it difficult to believe that it is ALL on Marek Dolezaj that he can’t put a single ounce on his body frame.

Something is wrong. Look how much slower a guy like Sean Riley got every year in football. Both Johnsons as well.

We don't need 2 freshmen centers that can't stay on the court I hope JBA's game is improving. But if hes not a good natural rebounder you don't really want weight that won't help that much you want a human pogo stick like Warrick or Keita blocking shots left and right and getting a hand on balls that don't bounce directly to him even if he can't always corral them.

Not sure who you are talking to, but compared to Michael Phelps? Yeah, I'm going with the greatest US Olympian on this one.
Jba needs to eat double that atleast. Phelps burned so many calories he ate everything in sight and was fine.

This is where having a guy like DC coaching bigs would be great. If you put real weight on Edwards and Ajak gets bigger too, you might just have the best 1-2 center punch since Fab and Rak. I will emphasize the "might".

Jba needs to eat double that atleast. Phelps burned so many calories he ate everything in sight and was fine.
You didn't read the article, did you? Phelps put away 12,000 calories a day while training. And you're right, with his level of training, he needed all of those.

There is no way you can convince me that jba is doing enough training that 24k calories a day would result in anything except severe obesity. He's good in the 6-8 thousand range.

You didn't read the article, did you? Phelps put away 12,000 calories a day while training. And you're right, with his level of training, he needed all of those.

There is no way you can convince me that jba is doing enough training that 24k calories a day would result in anything except severe obesity. He's good in the 6-8 thousand range.
I didn't really think anyone would take the Phelps diet as a serious recommendation ... but, well syracusefan.com is pretty on edge these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom