JB's hiring of former players, I wonder if knowing | Syracusefan.com

JB's hiring of former players, I wonder if knowing

I was just thinking that today. I said to someone our whole staff is former guys that played for JB. Then I kind of laughed thinking about how frustrated people were we didn't hire someone who could help in recruiting, myself included. I liked the Griff hire but wanted someone who could us get some kids to make one last run before JB retires. It's amazing how the mindset and perspective have changed the last few days.

Of all the P-5 schools no one is safer from this investigation than us. What other coach would allow himself to be underpaid? JB marches to a different drummer. He lives by his moral code. He is more immune to peer pressure than any other coach. I feel quite certain that he does not play the agent game. Back when things were more innocent he seems to have been involved but there is ample evidence that he turned away when things became corrupt. What other coach has been so verbal in his criticism of agents? Yes, it was a good move to only hire people that he knew to be above board. I wonder if he is surprised by Pitino's guilt.

I was one of the guys who wanted Mike Menennega or see if we could pry Book away from Zona - we went with Griffin. Needless to say, Griffin has been very very good on the trail and welp we know what happened to Book. Considering Nike's connection with Oregon it wouldn't be surprising to OU MBB or Menennega wrapped in this somehow. Even though AG was at Dayton, they weren't pulling the type of recruits that would require cash so he's clean I would think

In JB we trust.

Of all the P-5 schools no one is safer from this investigation than us. What other coach would allow himself to be underpaid? JB marches to a different drummer. He lives by his moral code. He is more immune to peer pressure than any other coach. I feel quite certain that he does not play the agent game. Back when things were more innocent he seems to have been involved but there is ample evidence that he turned away when things became corrupt. What other coach has been so verbal in his criticism of agents? Yes, it was a good move to only hire people that he knew to be above board. I wonder if he is surprised by Pitino's guilt.
But the UConn board said they have "good sources" that slimey stuff went on during JB"s tenure.

But the UConn board said they have "good sources" that slimey stuff went on during JB"s tenure.
They are experts at slimy stuff and have been for years. Unfortunately for them, most of it has been their own.

I think it's that paired with JB valuing guys he's seen get it done on the nations biggest stages.

Screw world wide's and hired guns. I am so so so so glad that's not where our programs at.

Does anyone know if Tony Bland applied for an assistant position here ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom