JBs last time out | Syracusefan.com

JBs last time out

two3zone

RIP Shark58
8 minutes left, I think he was comfortable playing them straight up the rest of the way and knew their scoring wasn’t sustainable. I’m not kidding, I think it was a smart move to settle everyone down.

Was probably the best coached game of the year overall.

8 minutes left, I think he was comfortable playing them straight up the rest of the way and knew their scoring wasn’t sustainable. I’m not kidding, I think it was a smart move to settle everyone down.

It was also just before the TV timeout so it gave them extra rest.

Yep. After that point as well everything went as planned and team was locked in.

He talked about it in the press conference, saying if they didn't stop BC there they wouldn't need the timeout at the end because they would have already lost the game. Great timeout with a great result.

Pretty sure right after that TO we came out and had a nice set lob play to Jesse, we went on a nice run and got some separation in the game.

He talked about it in the press conference, saying if they didn't stop BC there they wouldn't need the timeout at the end because they would have already lost the game. Great timeout with a great result.
Glad he said that, was curious but to me it’s common sense. So many coaches will hold onto them when the game is getting away from them.

I think they've used that lob play three times this year. Once at the beginning of the second half and twice out of timeouts. Love it.
That play could work running motion offense. Just be patient enough to let it happen. Bell, Justin or Joe could set that screen. We did it for Brown against GT too. If we ran it more through our offense we would get more open perimeter shots.

Pretty sure right after that TO we came out and had a nice set lob play to Jesse, we went on a nice run and got some separation in the game.

Came out after that TO and went on a 14-2 run over the next 5 minutes and change, from down 59-56 to up 70-61. Game over!

Several BC turnovers and sloppiness contributed to the run, where at that stage we had a 14 point turnover advantage over BC.

Jesse’s career 27 point night and the significant points off turnovers edge were the decisive factors in getting the W.

I’ve noticed we’ve scored more on set plays after time outs/stoppages this year. Don’t remember JB getting the squad this many east buckets in the previous 5 years.
Sometimes they need some help in critical, pressure situations that require experience and judgement to get over the ‘hump’. Specific sets give that help. Right now they don’t have efficient, dependable ISO players and experienced playmakers on the team. Glad to see these adjustments by coach.

It’s a crazy young team…especially the PG who is learning.
I think it helps having Jesse too. He’s a great lob target and been very impressed with him keeping the ball high if he comes down than going back up quickly n dunking it

I’ve noticed we’ve scored more on set plays after time outs/stoppages this year. Don’t remember JB getting the squad this many east buckets in the previous 5 years.

Yes it was his best coached game of the year and I also have noticed he seems to be scripting more plays after timeouts with good results. I not sure if he's doing this because the team is so young (where he'd let veterans do their own thing in the past) or if this is something new he plans to do going forward regardless. I am thinking the former since Mintz was showing some proclivities in going into "hero ball" mode at inopportune times.

I will also say that the inbound plays have been markedly better this year (as in they have not been a problem and recurring source of turnovers.)

Great job by JAB

anyone think it’s time to extend him till 2034? JW, time to keep him in CNY for his career

Nothing at all to complain about after that timeout.

Shame we've seen so little of that lineup on the floor this year most of us have been screaming for it since November.

oh you mean last time out for the BC game...I thought you meant the very last career time called by JB!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom