JBs love affair with keita | Syracusefan.com

JBs love affair with keita

He makes Craig Forth look like Moses Malone in the offensive post.

He's a great kid and leader and hard worker but man, he's such a liability offensively. Christmas needs to be in the game 80% of the time. He's so much more talented it isn't even funny.

But guys how many WINS DO YOU HAVE!!!!!

Kidding, I'm guessing it is for defense. He also grabbed some boards but problem is can't finish.

Rak should be playing more, I agree.

He's a great kid and leader and hard worker but man, he's such a liability offensively. Christmas needs to be in the game 80% of the time. He's so much more talented it isn't even funny.
Roc missed a few assignments on the high low pass and it was pine time, but 2/3 of the way into his junior year and Baye still can't hold on to the freakin ball.

A big mess out there. Need more ROC.

Roc missed a few assignments on the high low pass and it was pine time, but 2/3 of the way into his junior year and Baye still can't hold on to the freakin ball.
Rakeem may miss a few assignments but he more than makes up for it in other areas of the game. Baye costs us points when we attempt to get him the ball unless he is absolutely wide open for a layup, and even then it's a mystery as to whether he will hang onto the ball.

For the software folks out there:
if (bayeKeita == true)
{
// i can't believe i'm commenting my code here
craigForth = mosesMalone;
christmas++;
}

i don't know, but it needs to end. he is glued to the floor. ya he is in position defensively, but can't grab a defensive rebound, so what's the point?

Most offensively inept player to get major minutes. He can't catch and can't make what should be easy layups. Help, I can't take it.

Rak can't 40 mins I bet he plays most of the second half

It's because he's better than Rak on the defensive end but why they pass him the ball is a mystery. Terrible offensively

Its laughably bad at this point, he had two point blank layups and didnt touch the rim on either of them, couple that with the fact he hasnt gotten a rebound since December.

Its laughably bad at this point, he had two point blank layups and didnt touch the rim on either of them, couple that with the fact he hasnt gotten a rebound since December.

shot one threw the glass, and shot the other one backwards. i have never seen him elevate. i seriously think he has weights in his shoes

It's because he's better than Rak on the defensive end but why they pass him the ball is a mystery. Terrible offensively
He's better positionally on D, though Rak is a better shot blocker and rebounder. However, there were two instances on offense where Baye had passes fed to him which, while tough passes, he could not handle and basically botched the catch and shoot thing. If that had been Rak, I guarantee he would have at least caught those cleanly and gotten the ball on the rim, and either scored or gotten fouled in all likelihood.

just curious, of the crap that went on in that first half, is it really Bay Keita that deserves to be the target of your frustration?
really?

He's better positionally on D, though Rak is a better shot blocker and rebounder. However, there were two instances on offense where Baye had passes fed to him which, while tough passes, he could not handle and basically botched the catch and shoot thing. If that had been Rak, I guarantee he would have at least caught those cleanly and gotten the ball on the rim, and either scored or gotten fouled in all likelihood.

and while he may play better position defense we get killed on the offensive glass when he is in so what does it matter if you are in position or not. he is good for 6-8 mins a game, but total liability for anything more then that

if Baye played football he'd be that WR from "Necessary Roughness" they called stone hands

Its not a love affair with keita as so much a hate affair with Xmas.

Lesser of two evils I guess, Roc and Keita are both playing bad right now.

I counted four, two he caught and then bricked/missed and two right to him he couldn't catch. Pathetic!

Keita also had 4 offensive rebounds in about a 2 minute span. Yes offensively he is inept. Last time I checked Rak was not Bill Walton.

He only played 15 minutes so I dont see the problem with him. He also had 2 blocks in the first half.

Rak is the one I am upset with. If he played with Keitas fire we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Center is the weak spot on the team. It hasn't helped that Coleman is out. He maybe could have helped but is probably a year away. I'm afraid that the center position will be our achilles heal all year.

The fact that Baye is the best post player on the team in terms of positioning says a lot about the work Rak needs to put in to improve his game. Ditto for DC as he prepares for next season.

Make no mistake--Baye's technical and tactical fundamentals in terms of footwork and positioning are much better than Rak's as of today. His athletic limitations cause some issues on both ends, but defensively these limitations can be minimized by the other four players helping to crash the boards. The downside is that we end up playing 4-on-5 offensively. It also leads to less transition opportunities because the guards have to pinch down to rebound more.

The scary thing is that Baye regularly gets good position offensively, but his lack of strength means he has to rush to get shots up. Rushing on offense never helps. Though he is a little better, he still doesn't squeeze the rock well, whether he's rebounding or catching passes. Again, lack of strength.

Ideally, Rak would be solid fundamentally in order to soak up the minutes. He's definitely the better athlete. Our offense can be better with him in there. However, Rak's defensive miscues tend to lead to open shots (many of which are layups) for the other team. I'm sure that is why Rak finds himself riding pine so often, especially because his offensive skills don't really override his defensive liabilities. It's not like he is Kareem down there.

Here's my thought:
From either Rak or Baye, we need one to be the guy you don't want to walk down the street at night alone and see.....
This is not meant to be derogatory in any way, but I think you know what I mean.

I want someone who's nasty or at least an intimidator. I do not care about their offense but to finish good feeds when they get position down deep.

Fab might not have looked mean, but after almost every block, he sort of laughed, taunted the other guy in case he thought to try again.
Arinze, mean
Ricky, intimidator
Etan, mean
DC1, mean
Mookie Watkins, intimidator

Please Rak, scare me already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics