JB's Postgame Presser | Cornell | Syracusefan.com

JB's Postgame Presser | Cornell

Jesse was sick and couldn't practice for a few days.

The nosebleed didn't help.

I feel for coach. Thats a family member that has been with you for so long lost far too soon. Way too much of that these days... have personally dealt with that the past couple years as well. Hope he takes the time he needs indeed.

On the basketball side of things - which I realize are secondary right now for coach - he will like when watching the tape that in the second half while there were some open looks, the effort and game pressure from the kids had Cornell rushing even open looks and their legs were tired.

I feel badly for Jim. I have never had an opportunity to see that side of him and im so grateful for it, so grateful that the world got a glimpse of who he truly is. Those few minutes changed everything for me and my opinion of him. After all these years i feel as if i got a glimpse of what those of you who truly know him understand.

I feel badly for Jim. I have never had an opportunity to see that side of him and im so grateful for it, so grateful that the world got a glimpse of who he truly is. Those few minutes changed everything for me and my opinion of him. After all these years i feel as if i got a glimpse of what those of you who truly know him understand.

I thinks it's a side people close to him know and love that many people/fans never get/got to see. I honestly could see Julie thinking now you people have seen a touch of what I know of Jim.

I was always disappointed Louis didn’t get brought back here to assist instead of landing at Georgetown. I won’t speculate on how that went down but I wonder if our coach had some regrets about that.

I was always disappointed Louis didn’t get brought back here to assist instead of landing at Georgetown. I won’t speculate on how that went down but I wonder if our coach had some regrets about that.

He was an asst here. From 1996 to 2000 then left to be HC at Siena. Unless you’re speaking of being his last coaching job?

Pretty sure he and Pat were really tight. And we were full.

assistant at Xavier,Providence, Syracuse and Georgetown for 14 yrs. all good basketball schools. Head coach at Sienna (1yr), Seton Hall , and Bowling Green ( dino's last gig).
8 years playing in the big league. MAC coach of the year. (champs twice.) Big East COY.
greatest guy ever according to JB. why wasn't louie back on our bench instead of the hoyas ? far out shines the current crop resume wise. makes me wonder why . never played guard ? or he wasn't under JB's thumb ?

Last edited:
He was an asst here. From 1996 to 2000 then left to be HC at Siena. Unless you’re speaking of being his last coaching job?
I was referring to coming back at the end after his HC gigs

why wasn't louie back on our bench instead of the hoyas ? far out shines the current crop resume wise. makes me wonder why . never played guard ? or he wasn't under JB's thumb ?

You seriously don't know about his relationship with Patrick Ewing? Feel free to sit out a thread instead of bringing this braindead energy to it if you don't have the most basic understanding of the situation.

Well said.

All too often, fans parse every word that Jim Boeheim says, interpret those words to support whatever feelings they have, create urban legends around them, etc.

There are people on this board who know Jim Boeheim well and others who have had a lot more contact with him than I ever have but I'd like to share the three times I have interacted with him.

In Spring of 1987, I was flying back to Syracuse from a business trip to Philly. As I settled into my seat, I realized that someone had sat down next to me. I looked over and it was Jim. We started chatting and he was very personable, very friendly, and could not have been less like what most people think his persona to be. A memorable flight for this SU fan, to be sure. That was the first time that I realized that the terse, public Jim Boeheim was not the real Jim Boeheim.

In 2003, SU came to East Lansing to take on MSU. The game was sold out and we couldn't get tickets. We send a card to Coach and the team wishing them the best. The night before the game, I was skiing with my sons and I got a call from my very excited wife. She said "I just got off the phone with the team manager. He said "I'm standing next to Coach Boeheim and he said I want you to take care of this family." The next day, we sat in seats in the Breslin Center, courtesy of Jim Boeheim. Right in front of us were the parents of a certain point guard from Scranton.

Perhaps the most memorable experience came in September of 2020. My beloved wife of 40 years was in hospice and celebrating her final birthday. I got her a Cameo from Coach Boeheim. It was a message from his heart. He commented on her Michigan license plate number (it was an obvious SU theme) and gave her a pep talk. I have a video of her watching it, a smile from ear to ear, saying "oh wow!" over and over. She passed the following morning.

His tribute to Louis Orr shows that side of him that I have been fortunate enough to see a few times, a side others know far better than I. Jim Boeheim is a treasure. The next time you think you know him and can thus speak with authority about what he is thinking, you do not.

Last edited:
All too often, fans parse every word that Jim Boeheim says, interpret those words to support whatever feelings they have, create urban legends around them, etc.

There are people on this board who know Jim Boeheim well and others who have had a lot more contact with him than I ever have but I'd like to share the three times I have interacted with him.

In Spring of 1987, I was flying back to Syracuse from a business trip to Philly. As I settled into my seat, I realized that someone had sat down next to me. I looked over and it was Jim. We started chatting and he was very personable, very friendly, and could not have been less like what most people think his persona to be. A memorable flight for this SU fan, to be sure. That was the first time that I realized that the terse, public Jim Boeheim was not the real Jim Boeheim.

In 2003, SU came to East Lansing to take on MSU. The game was sold out and we couldn't get tickets. We send a card to Coach and the team wishing them the best. The night before the game, I was skiing with my sons and I got a call from my very excited wife. She said "I just got off the phone with the team manager. He said "I'm standing next to Coach Boeheim and he said I want you to take care of this family." The next day, we sat in seats in the Breslin Center, courtesy of Jim Boeheim. Right in front of us were the parents of a certain point guard from Scranton.

Perhaps the most memorable experience came in September of 2020. My beloved wife of 40 years was in hospice and celebrating her final birthday. I got her a Cameo from Coach Boeheim. It was a message from his heart. He commented on her Michigan license plate number (it was an obvious SU theme) and gave her a pep talk. I have a video of her watching it, a smile from ear to ear, saying "oh wow!" over and over. She passed the following morning.

His tribute to Louis Orr shows that side of him that I have been fortunate enough to see a few times, a side others know far better than I. Jim Boeheim is a treasure. The next time you think you know him and can thus speak with authority about what he is thinking, you do not.

Wow Dick. Great memories to share with us. Post of the year.

Don’t feel like starting another thread so I’ll put this here, and expect a little pushback.

Like many of you, seeing an emotional and vulnerable JB, for the first i can recall, got me thinking. I’m wondering if Orr’s sickness has been at the heart of some of the earlier games when many questioned JB’s decisions on the bench this year. I’m guessing JB had far more information on Louis’ condition than was let out to the public.

ike many of you, seeing an emotional and vulnerable JB, for the first i can recall, got me thinking.
you forgetting the auto incident ? he was pretty broke up.

assistant at Xavier,Providence, Syracuse and Georgetown for 14 yrs. all good basketball schools. Head coach at Sienna (1yr), Seton Hall , and Bowling Green ( dino's last gig).
8 years playing in the big league. MAC coach of the year. (champs twice.) Big East COY.
greatest guy ever according to JB. why wasn't louie back on our bench instead of the hoyas ? far out shines the current crop resume wise. makes me wonder why . never played guard ? or he wasn't under JB's thumb ?
Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom